Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen one guy around here with led strips around his front forks as turnsignals! Has anyone tried this? if so how did it hold up? I just dont see paying 250 bucks for the led front strips that victoryonly sales.. when these cost $7 a strip..

·
Registered
50 Posts
i put some on from v-leds and I think they look great. on the right front side the wires are criss crossed for some reason, the negative is actually the 12V. I had to put some new adhesive, but that was the only downfall

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Talk is cheap. Let's see some pics! :D
:worthless without::worthless without::worthless without::worthless without:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Let's see if I did this right. First pic is the adhesive issue. For the 20ish dollars I spent I can't complain. Also the lights are not super bright, but are visible. It's hard to show how bright they are with my phone

·
Registered
50 Posts
muzz I apologize I edited the above post for future readers, it is the right front which is criss crossed. It is like that from the factory and I have no idea why. Be careful wiring as I've heard you can blow the ACM (auto cancel module) if you wire it incorrectly and that would totally negate your savings on the LED strips

and yes I know how dusty the bike is, stupid parking garage that is from sitting for a week

·
Registered
782 Posts
I use the MBW Fork LED turns and they're amazingly bright.

I don't think I'd trust a strip that has only 4 or 5 LEDs on it honestly... it's hard enough to get cagers to see us, why limit yourself like that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
bandit those are sweet!! I haven't seen them on anyones bike yet, but saw them online. I was just exploring cost friendly options, if I remember right those are around $270? I ride a bobber and use hand signals, so I'm used to people not paying attention, it's hard to get noticed out there. Ride safe

·
Registered
782 Posts
bandit those are sweet!! I haven't seen them on anyones bike yet, but saw them online. I was just exploring cost friendly options, if I remember right those are around $270? I ride a bobber and use hand signals, so I'm used to people not paying attention, it's hard to get noticed out there. Ride safe
lol, I hear ya.

Yeah, the MBW ain't cheap, but damn if they don't work extremely well. I hate, hate, HATE big ole amber signals out on stalks, so that was one of my first mods.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya they do seem like they are not that bright.. with that said do you need a load equalizer with them

·
Registered
50 Posts
no, I believe you only need the equalizer for the tial light because it alternates between 5 and 12 V I believe, the turn signals are all 12V constant, I don't have the fast blinking issue

·
Registered
50 Posts
bandit, gorgeous bike, hammer S rules. Those a definetely brighter, you can see mine, but not like that. I also believe bandit put them in a better location for visibility than I did.

·
Registered
782 Posts
bandit, gorgeous bike, hammer S rules. Those a definetely brighter, you can see mine, but not like that. I also believe bandit put them in a better location for visibility than I did.
Thank you! I love my baby.

I like the fact that the lights are almost 360 degrees around, so they throw light in every direction.

I mounted them higher for three reasons:

1) Laziness, it's a PITA to mount them lower

2) We realized the higher they were on the forks, the more visible they were, especially in a car's rearview and sideview mirrors, so I saw that as a plus

3) Laziness :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have my rear turnsignals on my fender struts and they are not LED lights. so what you are saying as long as i dont cross the wires on the right side fork they should be fine without a equalizer? Just dont want to blow the acm..

a pic of the turnsignals on my strut

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the LED strips on all four corners with no load equalizer.
I was given a heads up about the criss crossed wires by another member who had a hammer and my vegas was the exact same way.
I do not know enough to tell you what will and will not blow the ACM, so I don't want to mislead you. My ACM is currently working and I did in fact mess up the wires when I initially hooked them up, maybe I was lucky, maybe i'm on borrowed time. Just be careful and if you can hook them up the right way the frist time, you're probably better of than me.
Why wouldn't they put a fuse on these expensive modules anyway, silly if you ask me.

P.S. nice JP, those look like the conquest pipes, good choice

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks they are and i love the pipes... Thanks for all the good info... your bike looks pretty mean with the mods you did!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: Led ts

Those are sweet, but i like the small bullet LEDs that hook to your headlight too. Do you have to remove the fork from the triple tree to install them?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts