Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up some rear turn signal LEDs on my 2012 hammer 8ball and i lost all turn signals and the tail light. Brake light works ok, headlight works, but no turn signals. Checked the fuse and its fine. I hooked up a load equalizer as well. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
I just hooked up some rear turn signal LEDs on my 2012 hammer 8ball and i lost all turn signals and the tail light. Brake light works ok, headlight works, but no turn signals. Checked the fuse and its fine. I hooked up a load equalizer as well. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

1.) Are all turn signals not working? (front left, front right, rear left, rear right?)
2.) When turn signal switch is flipped to left or right, does the turn signal indicator flash? If yes, does it flash normal speed, or does it flash 2-3 times faster than normal?
3.) If you turn on the 4-way flashers, do they work?
4.) Do you have a voltmeter handy?

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
None of the flashers work, hazards dont work, and theres nothing on the display to indicate the turn signals are on. Unfortunately I dont have a voltmeter handy

Try swapping the fuel pump relay with the flasher relay, and test again.

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
I had to walk away from it for now, I'll give that a shot when I get another chance to tackle it.
Okay. Just make sure when you test it, that the key is in the ON position and that the kill switch is in the RUN position. When you're frustrated about something not working, these little things can easily be overlooked. ;)

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
Will do. One thing I forgot to mention is that the fuse for the horn was blown. Not sure if that would make a difference or not.
Yes it does make a difference. Horn and flashers share the same fuse. Replace the fuse. thumb up

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I've hooked up a load equalizer and everything is connected properly for my rear turn signal LEDs, only problem is that I keep blowing the fuse. As soon as I turn the key the fuse pops. I tried putting a 20 amp fuse in it's place and it still popped. I'm at a loss, any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
So I've hooked up a load equalizer and everything is connected properly for my rear turn signal LEDs, only problem is that I keep blowing the fuse. As soon as I turn the key the fuse pops. I tried putting a 20 amp fuse in it's place and it still popped. I'm at a loss, any thoughts or suggestions?
You have a short somewhere, possibly in the added LED turn signals. You will need a voltmeter to find where the short is. Otherwise, it will be a long trial and error road for you, and countless more blown fuses.

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
great....sounds like another fun filled day of problem solving. Thanks again for the help
Check the horn too - sometimes the horn will be bent out of shape, and its positive terminal would touch the frame, causing a short.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts