Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed LED's in the rear OR the front? If so how do they look & did you have to also splice in the LED turn indicator amp-draw adapter or just the bulbs themselves?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do the 99 LED brake light install. It is VERY noticeable:

Instructions for the mod are available on Vision-Riders.com.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm ordering it tomm, thanks!! thumb up

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, I changed my mind and did not order the above.. Because after seeing the product that MBW makes, when you see the video you too will be in awe... I am soooo excited to install it the wife even got an xtra round of boom-boom!!! :crzy:
mbwmotorcycles.com

http://youtu.be/x2bm0GhzxII

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK, I changed my mind and did not order the above.. Because after seeing the product that MBW makes, when you see the video you too will be in awe... I am soooo excited to install it the wife even got an xtra round of boom-boom!!! :crzy:
mbwmotorcycles.com

You really need to do the 99 LED mod. It's easy, it's cheap and it's as effective as the MBW one, and you can do it NOW. Plus; it's located MUCH higher and it's better viewed.

Who knows when the MBW rear tailight/brake LED's will be ready? And the cost is going to be several hundred dollars EASY.

Once cannot have too much running/brake lights on the rear of their motorcycle.

thumb up

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will definitely consider the 99 as a secondary mod after the primary mbw, I agree the eye level is a good thing BUT I also think those LEDs on the V are impossible to miss no matter what level you are at, they are just so frickin BRIGHT..... ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
About the 99 LED:

Where do you buy it ?
What is the cost ?
Can you order one that is specific to the Vision ?
Anyone have a link to the Vision-Riders install ?

·
Registered
526 Posts
mbwmotorcycles.com

W:crzy:W!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
LED rear lights by MBW

Does anyone have a clue - hint - rumor, as to just when these are available? I'm gonna have to spend this money on wine, women and song if they don't get here soon!

·
Registered
16 Posts
More info

Finally! I just purchased and am waiting for them. Here's the link:

http://www.exledshop.com/exled-custom-leds/victory/victory-vision-exled-full-led-tail-lights-and-front-turn-and-parking-light-led-modules-copy.html

I will post when I get them installed. These are not the ones advertised by MBW but look just like them.
Added a word file on installation sent to me by vendor. A very prompt reply! Mine will be here next week. Text follows:

After removing your light housings, you must open them up. You may cut them open along the seal or if possible, a heat gun. Drill a hole in the back to allow the connector to pass through. You may seal that with silicon. MUST BE WATERPROOF!!! Place the LED boards in place and you must make them stay somehow. You may use a hard drying silicon, super glue, anything that will make it stay put. **For the tails, slight bending of the tails is required. Therefore, you should start at the bottom and secure up to the widest point. Once that has set, then you may secure the rest. Be sure not to bend the board too much (as in no creases) and make sure it doesn't snap.** Once the LEDs are secure, seal up the housings completely.

Someone painted all of the bulbs black, to keep the trailer light function and to keep the self diagnosis system from going haywire, but if you wish to remove the bulbs, you will need resistors. We don't know which wattage/ohmage would be required. So that's something you'll have to find out.

***IF YOU HAVE HID's, THE CONTROL BOXES MUST BE PLACED AS FAR AWAY FROM THE HID BALLASTS AS POSSIBLE*** They must also be made waterproof.

Connect wires to bike's parking, tail, turn, brake light wires.

On the front: The inner LEDs wire colors >> Yellow - parking +; black - ground

On the turn signal (coming from the control box) >> 2 wire connector: red +; black ground. This red wire must have power at all times the bike is on.

Control wires: Yellow: turn +, red: parking +, blue - do not use. (You can use the blue, but it will be 60% as bright as the inner LEDs). When you turn on the lights and the red wire is connected, they will do their flash pattern and then stay constant on.

On the rear coming from the control box: 2 wire connector: red +; black ground. This red wire must have power at all times the bike is on. Blue: tail +, Red: brake +, Yellow: turn +.

Every time you turn on your bike, all of the LEDs will light up for a second, even if your lights are turned off. This is the computer chip clearing itself and getting ready for its function.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know you can special order a set of the MBW through Arizona Victory... at about $950 for the rear set. OUCH! But they are a plug and play unit as I understood.

These from ExLed you are just getting the board and computer and have to make it work yourself, correct? They hint that you will have to find a way to mount it yourself, because once you pull your lense off, you lose the mounting tabs. Seems like a lot of fabrication for $350 dollars.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out! We are rooting for you!cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
mbwmotorcycles.com

I am sure she was thrilled about that. Haha. I want to do something like this to my Vision, because when I pull a trailer I like the idea of the lights being up high. By the way, I clicked on your link and it says the video is unavailable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
LED's Installed

OK, as promised.... Got 'em from ExLED. Shipped promptly, had a little problem with customs and FedEx but shipper did the paper work and they arrived. Instructions were there but skimpy and a little vague. Blue wire has to be connected on rear lights and not on front. Good quality, and yes, they are mounted by customer - no plug and play - BUT the price reflects this. A little over $500 for the kit and it cost me $534 to have my guys install. Sic Werks here in Seattle are awesome and the quality of work is unsurpassed. If you are carefull, tabs on rear lights disengage without too much sweat. Cracked one lens and ordered replacement for just over $100.00. With someone who understands wiring - not a real hassle - thank the gremlins it wasn't me as I still think "ground" is what I fall off the bike on.... Lights are BRIGHT! Front and rear! Just what I wanted. Worked first time we hit the brakes and turn switch. Guys and gals - if you want to be noticed - these are it! I have 'twinklers" on front and rear, Kuryaken (sp) lights on trunk lid but these are the "real deal". We left bulbs in and not painted as it didn't hinder anything and did not have to use ballasts. Can't tell they are there in real world usage. Communication with ExLED was no hassle and prompt. Engineer is a displaced American (my words) and he is on top of it. Here is the link again: http://www.exledshop.com/exled-custom-leds/victory.html

They have a vid on them that does better than my feeble attempt, but I assure you - they are wild and just what I wanted. Guys I ride with now have to wear sunglasses when they are in back! Bus drivers wave and girls smile ;). Would I do it again? You betcha...
Have had several talks with MBW and it is just not going to happen anytime soon, if ever. Full kit is just too expensive to get manufactured. If a little installation work is too much trouble - get a scooter!

·
Registered
16 Posts
LED's on rear/front

Guys! I know MBW is not forthcoming with the concept LED's due to whatever, BUT - here is a solution: http://www.exledshop.com/exled-custom-leds/victory.html

If the link doesn't work look up ExLed shop and drool.
I purchased out of Korea and did the customs thingy with the help of American Engineer/Tech at home office. He was very responsive and helpful. LED's are a kit - good quality and complete. Had my favorite mech install them without much cussing or tantrum throwing. They work flawlessly and look fan*&^%ing tastic!
I also have the Kuryakin 99 led on the trunk and they work just great. Are you thinking I'm a light freak? You are right on!

Just so you kncheersow!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts