Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard of or tried using cow magnets (magnets) on the underside of their bike to trip the buried sensors in the left turn lane?
I used to think the sensors were motion or weight activated, but now I hear they are activated by the vehicles electricity(magnetism). I checked at TSC and they had several different magnets. Would that be a problem to try mounting magnets on the underside of the engine between the frame? I don't want to SCREW anything up with the magnets. I did see a little item on the counter at local MC shop that was supposed to trip the sensors for 25. It got me Googleing. Thanks for any advice. BK

·
Registered
173 Posts
Has anybody heard of or tried using cow magnets (magnets) on the underside of their bike to trip the buried sensors in the left turn lane?
I used to think the sensors were motion or weight activated, but now I hear they are activated by the vehicles electricity(magnetism). I checked at TSC and they had several different magnets. Would that be a problem to try mounting magnets on the underside of the engine between the frame? I don't want to SCREW anything up with the magnets. I did see a little item on the counter at local MC shop that was supposed to trip the sensors for 25. It got me Googleing. Thanks for any advice. BK
i have one under my bike. not sure if it really works. i try to stop close to the lines where the sensor is buried and kind of rock my bike. not sure that works either. i know i have ran a lot of red lights after waiting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B, Do you have the commercial product that is about $25.? Is that an electrical hookup, or magnet? I didn't check close enough to see.
I know, I run the second light usually, I just don't want it to be the "last one".

·
Registered
4 Posts
From a traffic signal tech, on the in road sensors, look for the sawcuts in the roadway and try to get your bike over the corners, that is the point of the strongest field area. If no sawcuts are visable, try to get near the stopbar(big white painted line). Or, look up at the signal arm, see if there are any cameras, if so, then it is a video sensor that does the work and as such are usually more friendly to bikes....cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rk2girls, I'll try that too. I'm South Millard. NE Motorcycle on 84th had those sensor trippers on their counter. What do you think? BK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not really sure. Haven't been on their neighborhood in a while, so I don't know for sure what Omaha has setup over there. They could have loops or even microwave sensors. :cool:

·
Registered
236 Posts
The only device that worked was banned years ago, it sent a signal to the lights and they would change...still being used today with emergency vehicals...

good luck finding one, and oh btw if you do....and use it go to jail..

Not really sure. Haven't been on their neighborhood in a while, so I don't know for sure what Omaha has setup over there. They could have loops or even microwave sensors. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts