Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shocked yesterday when I went back to the HD dealer to check out local events. I sat on a CVO pos street glide and it was painful. It had lowers and the leg room was unbelievable. I asked did they shrink this? " that's why I am always on the highway bars" geme a break dude.
I also didn't feel this way on the Chieftain Darkhorse. So Why hd?
I have a 30 inch inseam. 6'1 and know for sure hd hates people over 5 7"

The road glide was not as bad but still was pathetic to the room and saddle feel of the Magnum. So you couldn't pay me Willie.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Dontcha know Harleys are for girls? :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I am also 6'1" but have a 33" inseam and I can not fit on any HD comfortably without peg extensions or highwaybars. My first street bike in 09 was a Suzuki M50 which is not a big bike but my first test ride of a road king shocked me, felt like I was on a heavy honda rebel! Test rode a XC and fit perfect on it so bought my XR a few weeks later plus got it for much less than what they want for a road king.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I can't say anything about Harleys, because I have near-zero experience with them, but one of the best aspects of the Cross Country is the leg room. Also keep in mind that the controls can be positioned in three settings.

I'm 6'1" with a 34-inch inseam. I've sat on an Indian Chief Dark Horse, and it felt small. Nothing compares to the Cross bikes if you're tall, yet the controls can be brought in closer, and they offered a closer-up seat, and the seat height is only 26.3 inches. Altogether that accommodates a wide range of rider sizes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sir . Your sitting on the lowest profile seat. So using a higher seat will fit better.

- laughed = I felt like I was sitting high on top of it instead of on or " in it " When I thought about turning it into a corner I imagined a complete disconnection. To be honest, it was traumatic.

·
13,043 Posts
So you bring to light that the seat height on a street glide is 1 higher then your magnum

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I can't say anything about Harleys, because I have near-zero experience with them, but one of the best aspects of the Cross Country is the leg room. Also keep in mind that the controls can be positioned in three settings.

I'm 6'1" with a 34-inch inseam. I've sat on an Indian Chief Dark Horse, and it felt small. Nothing compares to the Cross bikes if you're tall, yet the controls can be brought in closer, and they offered a closer-up seat, and the seat height is only 26.3 inches. Altogether that accommodates a wide range of rider sizes.
The flexibility in the controls is really appealing to someone a little shorter than you at 5'9. Not sure how many bikes have this capability but first I've seen I think it's brilliant.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Have a 2014 CC and while I've never owned a Street Glide, I have ridden several and rented them on vacations in Hawaii. I'm only 5'10" and can tell you there is no comparison. If you can't stretch out enough on a CC, you might just have to have one of the Teutuls build you one of their stretched out monstrosities.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm hearing you regarding the difference in leg room. Every time I get back on the XCT after riding my old Road King I have to go looking for the rear brake pedal. Is usually about four inches further forward of where I'm pushing my right foot!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The size of the cross bikes is one of the biggest things many of us will miss when we decide to move to something else. I test rode every large frame bike in production in 2012 and none of them even came close to fitting me like a cross bike. I don't put as many miles on a bike as many of you due to work, other hobbies, and recent back problems so hopefully I will be on this forum 15 or 20 years from now still talking about my 2011 XR.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The ergo's on the Vic's was one of the first things I noticed when I sat on one. First bike EVER that didn't feel cramped or small that was stock. I'm not the biggest guy in the world at 6'2" but every bike I've ever owned I had to modify the hell out of them to be comfortable. I think the XC and the Vision are class leading in seating and leg room and that will be missed. I don't see anyone else doing it.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Same for me. I had a 2002 Golding. Was definitely looking at a new Ultra Classic, and wow was it cramped. Of course, I was 160lbs heavier then. Then I tested a XCT at Americade in 2012, and I was sold. Bought one the year after.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts