Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say I have been a bike owner and rider for 30 years. I saved and purchased a brand new Victory bike with all the bells and whistles last year. I treated this thing like a baby . What do I get for all that Money.....almost six months, in two seperate Victory
dealership garages and no bike to ride. Been torn down and rebuilt now three times and when they start it up....same problem. Tech support won't answer calls from dealerships , customer service is a joke. ( you would be better off hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, same pain in the head...less time wasted.)

I have had my first and LAST Victory motorcycle. If this is how they treat their customers, I should have thrown the $20,000.oo
in the garbage, because that's what it is now, anyway!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Without actual details of what the bike was or is doing........I too would suspect BS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a Harley driver never was, and when it was working, which wasn't long, loved the Victory.......maintained it regularly, at the dealership, only polaris approved oil . They told me the problem was a bad lifter, replaced that...didn't help. absolute truth...it has been torn down now and rebuilt three times and it is still doing the same thing. The dealership where it is now is as frustrated as I am,
but the are at their wits end with this bike and so am I. I've had to cancel bike trips and going to rallies, and they still don't know when I'll ever get it back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and if you want details it was bought at Easy Rider Cycle in Berkley Spring WV and only serviced there , till they gave up and then I put it on a trailer and took it to Tom Clark Motorsports in Belle Vernon PA, because I did some research with some friends that
ride Victory, and they are suppose to have a wonderful rep for service....but they fix do it either.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
If you just purchased the bike and its been torn down 3 times I find it hard to believe that Victory did not give you another bike UNLESS you had the first work done by a non Victory dealership. Your bike is under warranty and 3 times to have your bike engine torn down would fall under the lemon law I'm sure!

I can't find an Easy Rider Victory dealership anywhere in WV.

There is more here than what you are telling or this is total BS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a Harley driver never was, and when it was working, which wasn't long, loved the Victory.......maintained it regularly, at the dealership, only polaris approved oil . They told me the problem was a bad lifter, replaced that...didn't help. absolute truth...it has been torn down now and rebuilt three times and it is still doing the same thing. The dealership where it is now is as frustrated as I am,
but the are at their wits end with this bike and so am I. I've had to cancel bike trips and going to rallies, and they still don't know when I'll ever get it back.
Hardley Rideable had a batch of bad hydraulic lifter in the early TC88`s ( 2000 an later Sportsters use the same lifter). It took Harley a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG to to release a revised lifter . Until then guys were running Jim`s lifters and some guys even found a BB Chevy lifter that would work in Harleys.
I`m sure Victory will find a solution.
Having been an automotive technician in a dealership I feel for the guys that have to deal with these problems, it can be a real headache until a solution is found.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Hardley Rideable had a batch of bad hydraulic lifter in the early TC88`s ( 2000 an later Sportsters use the same lifter). It took Harley a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG to to release a revised lifter . Until then guys were running Jim`s lifters and some guys even found a BB Chevy lifter that would work in Harleys.
I`m sure Victory will find a solution.
Having been an automotive technician in a dealership I feel for the guys that have to deal with these problems, it can be a real headache until a solution is found.
??????????? "guys" What problem? The only time I've heard of any problem even close to this is the springs when someone puts aggressive cams in.

Personally never heard of lifter failure especially on a new bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never been touched by anyone other than the original dealer and
Tom Clark Motorsport outside Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And the name of the dealership is Riderville Cycle in Berkley Springs
75 Goodtimes Drive ( my mistake sorry) But I am so frustrated with this I am hoping that bad PR will make some one at Victory take notice....nothing else I have done has worked so far.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Was the original dealer an authorized VICTORY dealership? There are a bunch of dealers I can go and buy a Victory but they are not an authorized dealership.

·
Registered
28 Posts
??????????? "guys" What problem? The only time I've heard of any problem even close to this is the springs when someone puts aggressive cams in.

Personally never heard of lifter failure especially on a new bike.
The lifters wouldn`t stay pumped up when the oil thinned out. The TC`s and 2000 and later Sportsers uses a smaller diameter lifter. Harley went through 2 or 3 revisions. I have Cam Dynamics in mine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts