Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated in the title, can someone with a Jackpot give me the I.D. between the forks? From inside leg to inside leg please up where the tire is. Im looking for a bike that will be a good donor for my next project but need something with a wide front end. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
As stated in the title, can someone with a Jackpot give me the I.D. between the forks? From inside leg to inside leg please up where the tire is. Im looking for a bike that will be a good donor for my next project but need something with a wide front end. Thanks
Could we get fork dimensions and interchangability logged for all models, I'll measure and post my Vegas Low.
I bought a Ness /Cross/Hammer front wheel, would like to go twin disc.
Jackpot may be same as Vegas.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Best as I can measure it with wheel in place by passing a tape measurethrough the brake rotor and eyeballing it.
My 2010 Vegas low is 7 1/2 inches or 190mm
Thats from where the spacers contact the fork legs on both sides.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Just reread your request and up where the tyre is would be between 7 and 7 1/2 as forks taper

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
At the Tire i can not measure but where the fender is attached is 144 mm (minus the bolt) on both sides

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
At the Tire i can not measure but where the fender is attached is 144 mm (minus the bolt) on both sides
Looks like yr measuring to the inside of the fender in that pic, where exactly is the starting end of your tape?
mines roughly the same I reckon (Vegas)
unless we are all measuring from the same place this is a pointless excercise

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
the measuring tape is touching the rim and outside fender to outside fender = 146 mm on my jackpot, but the bolts are still on the inside, so not accounted for.

so from inside fork to inside fork is just UNDER 146 mm or 5.75 Inch

Just above the fender / tire is 7.25 Inch

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
the measuring tape is touching the rim and outside fender to outside fender = 146 mm on my jackpot, but the bolts are still on the inside, so not accounted for.

so from inside fork to inside fork is just UNDER 146 mm or 5.75 Inch

Just above the fender / tire is 7.25 Inch
ok same as my Vegas...wonder what the hammer is?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have that question in that forum as well.. lol

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I figured they would all be the same,.. why would Victory make different triple trees for each bike? But ya never know.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The Hammer's wheel is 3.00"x18" and the Jackpot's is 2.15"x21". I would think the Hammer's fork's spacing would be greater than the J'pot's to accommodate the wider wheel/tire, no? And where the hell are the wrenches who know this stuff forwards, backwards and upside down? :D

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
I have that question in that forum as well.. lol

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I figured they would all be the same,.. why would Victory make different triple trees for each bike? But ya never know.
Exactly! But we dont know till we check and parts interchangability INFO is a valuable resource for anyone that likes to change or individualize thier ride.....
Id love a twin disc setup on my Vegas..got a Hammer//XC. 18" front wheel...thats a start!
Need to know what I'm looking for and what will fit or can be adapted
If a Hammerer reads this please measure your forks for us:)

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
The Hammer's wheel is 3.00"x18" and the Jackpot's is 2.15"x21". I would think the Hammer's fork's spacing would be greater than the J'pot's to accommodate the wider wheel/tire, no? And where the hell are the wrenches who know this stuff forwards, backwards and upside down? :D
Maybe not Konga, hopefully not anyway and you dont need to be a wrench to use a tape measure. Just need to be measuring same reference points. Personally Id prefer measurement at the axle as well where the outer of the spacers contact the fork legs.
But any difference up higher would probably carry thru to the bottom
Theres that word "probably", nice to know for sure before forking out money (pun intended:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
vegas RHS fork lower hasnt got brake caliper mounts.
Hammer RHS fork legs has but its inverted
You will need hammer top and bottom tree, inverted forks, wheel/tyre,
caliper, line/splitter, fender
Put a kingpin 18" wheel single brake in, fender
Kingpin triple tree,s, inverted forks, wheel, fender :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
vegas RHS fork lower hasnt got brake caliper mounts.
Hammer RHS fork legs has but its inverted
You will need hammer top and bottom tree, inverted forks, wheel/tyre,
caliper, line/splitter, fender
Put a kingpin 18" wheel single brake in, fender
Kingpin triple tree,s, inverted forks, wheel, fender :cool:
ok thanks glassback...what if I just ran one disc on the Hammer wheel that Ive got, would it fit the Vegas forks?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I bought used KP wheel, it has a plastic insert that fits into RHS rotor threads, take it out to bolt on brake rotor or leave it in.
A few members have put an 18" KP wheel straight in there vegas
a hammer 18" should be the same
Use search thumb up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts