Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek Went by work today, had to inform them I have take a few more days off work, orders from the doc. Headed home on old MC85 going east from Buckeye, Az. Two lanes each direction. Semi was coming in my direction. Speed limit was 55 mph, which I was doing. Semi decided to turn left in front of me all of sudden like. I did good. Did not lock them up got the old Vic slowed down. Cab turns in front of me followed by a flat bed, I was doing good. I got supprized. After the trailer turned in front of me it was pulling another trailer, both were flat bed trailers. Farm truck, tall flat bed trailers. Glad I put on the EBC front pads many miles ago! Bike did real good on slowing down, and oh yes I did not have to change my underwear. Been riding a long time, just never know what's going to happen! Glad to be here still with no mishaps. Watch out for those crazies and espicially those large semi's turning left! Not picking on trucks, I too have my CDL.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
If I remember correctly aren't left turners the largest percentage of motorcycle/vehicle accidents?

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
If I remember correctly aren't left turners the largest percentage of motorcycle/vehicle accidents?
After you're dead they get a failure to yield ticket.

·
Registered
32 Posts
years ago when I took mc safety course they told us that left turns in front of you accounted for between 70-80% of all mc accidents.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
that is exactly why i have a headlight modulator. sure it is annoying to others but i am convinced the makes a driver, especially those turning into you, second thoughts. but then again there are those assholes that text , read and have a stupid dog on the lap when they drive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts