Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I'm totally stir crazy, trapped in the house while more snow flies.

These are my first two street bikes. I forget their years but at 16 1/2 I got the Honda Ascot FT500, an amazing little cafe style bike that I honed my street riding skills on. I rode this one for about a year and a half.

Followed by my favorite bike up until this Victory...the Honda Nighthawk 700s. This bike did it all and I rode the piss out it...We had lots of fun together and one bad accident(from me being a stupid 18year old...) that we both survived.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
PaiN , this is embarrassing ... Ever done something , you wished you could then undo ?:ltr: Just kidding buddy !thumb upcheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Not only am I watching the snow fly , "STILL" , but I am also stuck at work ....:(

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ever done something , you wished you could then undo ?
Nope....on a good note its suddenly bright sun and 45 degrees F...
I swear its the end

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
45 ! ITS ABOUT 26 HERE !!!!:crzy:

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Had me a red and black Honda Nighthawk 700S and what a neat bike that was. Wishing I kept it too.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That ASCOT brings tears to my eyes ! LOL.:ltr:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That ASCOT brings tears to my eyes ! LOL.:ltr:
Hey now....I loved that bike. At 16 years old and buying my own bike, that's as cool as I was getting..... :)
It had the single cylinder 500cc XR engine tuned up a bit for the street. It weighed nothing and went pretty good, handling was sharp too. The Ascot was easy and fun to ride, it was a good bike for learning street riding skills. I wouldn't say I regretted getting rid of it since I traded it up for the Nighthawk, which too me was the BomB :cool:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Trying really hard not to be an ASSHOLE. BUT is was 90 here today. Rode the piss out of the Vegas. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Trying really hard not to be an ASSHOLE. BUT is was 90 here today. Rode the piss out of the Vegas. Sorry guys.
Holy cow! I'll have to try that, what with the price of gas going up.:ltr:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Didn't try hard enough!:D
Seriously, I got out on the Vic for the first time today. Just a short ride of 40 miles, but a ride none the less. It wasn't quite 90 here. Probably won't be till July...

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Brothers from another mother...
My first bike was a Yamaha Vision which was very similar to your Ascot
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_xz550.htm
The funny part is my second (and third bikes) were Honda Highthawk S's. Loved them! sombody offered me a good bit more than I paid for the first one, and sold it. Missed it, so I bought another one just like, a year newer.
Also had a Fat Bob before the XC. Not sure who is following whom...

·
Registered
12,249 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure who is following whom...
Guess that depends on who's older.....;)

When I was looking to move on from the Fat Bob I had stopped by a Honda dealership to check out the F6B and CXT1300. I spotted one of the new CB1100's off to the side, I decided to throw a leg over it before I left.....As soon as I did I was immediately smacked dead in the face by nostalgia. Not because of the retro-ness of the CB1100 but because of how much it felt like my 700s(at least to my memory). Obviously, my mind was set on a bigger more comfortable bike, as cool as it was, I had to move on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts