Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Go to Demo day, light rain, luckily lets up enough for them to let us out.

I get back, go to the sales desk, we pick up where we left off discussing the XCT that I want. Now of course the salesman gets the $1000 accessory coupon dropped off at his desk by the nice Victory demo truck guy.

We do all the numbers, then fill out the finance info, get approved then.... Dun dun dun!

"Oh we have a red scheduled to come in the end of June, we can't complete the sale until we get a VIN."

Then I get the line, "Oh normally when we flag that it is already sold they rush it out".

This common?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's mostly normal. The exception is that "rush it out" means the order is sent and the bike will deliver when there are enough orders (customer and dealership) within the region to fill the truck. In reality they aren't going to send a truck to a dealership with one bike on it unless it is a transfer from one dealer to another.

I ordered my bike as soon as the 11's were released and was told 2 weeks but it actually took 6 weeks to get here because they needed more orders. The time is really going to depend on where you are and how many bikes are ordered. I'm in Utah and at the time there were only 2 dealers in the state so my situation may be differenet than yours.

It still worked out better for me than the Subaru I ordered on 15 Jan that still isn't here yet (it took 111 days to get a VIN).

·
Registered
381 Posts
It must depend on where you are. I have been to three local (CT) dealers recently and saw a bunch of new XC's and XCT's. Many different colors also. I would guess that if a dealer orders several at a time they get preference on the trucks? Just a guess.

·
Registered
247 Posts
We are pretty lucky in Ct.
Shark
Willows
Advanced
Libbys
New England Motorsports.{I think they still sell Vics}
Along with a few close by in other states. Good reason for trucks to all ways be in our area.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I read somewhere that Victory is 15% behind on production verses orders. Don't know how accurate that is though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a chance to help with the Demo Day here at our local dealer. Spent thew day riding everything Victory sells... you won't be disappointed. BTW, the new "Judges" are pretty awesome (for that style bike). Road a "Loaded" black CC-Tour...WOW, what a bike...the 2"pullback bars were very nice.... going to try to get something like this done to my CR.

It will be worth the wait my friend.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
why wait...call MOMs in mass they have every model/color combination in stock...buy it and have it shipped to you or if your within a 1000 miles...I would ride it out to you and fly back...you pay the gas/air ticket...

I had a chance to help with the Demo Day here at our local dealer. Spent thew day riding everything Victory sells... you won't be disappointed. BTW, the new "Judges" are pretty awesome (for that style bike). Road a "Loaded" black CC-Tour...WOW, what a bike...the 2"pullback bars were very nice.... going to try to get something like this done to my CR.

It will be worth the wait my friend.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to call them today to see if they have an update.

I am in Eastern NY, so MoMs isn't that far. However I did wait just to get the 1k accessory discount, so hopefully it won't be too much longer. I don't know how close MoMs would come, however I would like to stick with a local dealer if possible.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They are the largest Victory Dealer in the US...I am certain that they can be "creative" with the paperwork to make certain you get the 1k in discounts.

I am going to call them today to see if they have an update.

I am in Eastern NY, so MoMs isn't that far. However I did wait just to get the 1k accessory discount, so hopefully it won't be too much longer. I don't know how close MoMs would come, however I would like to stick with a local dealer if possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts