Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. holidays came and went and hopefully everyone has new mods for the bike. While it's sub 20's, snowy, icy and salty here in the northeast I was hoping to see what everyone has on their mods list.

For me it's:
- drop the stock seat 2 inches, add in seat heater and controls for air ride
- recover seat
- new mirrors
- powder coat clutch and brake levers black

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Miles and maybe tires by spring.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mostly riding, but Torque Tubes, PCV, and dyno in about a month or so...Already put on the Thor....

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Presently installing a pair of police car horns. Next, I'm hooking up a Lloydz VFCIII I got from another member. Later, a pair of Avon Cobras will be mounted. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
I received gift certificates for my local Victory Shop for Christmas.

I will be getting the Lloyds aircleaner and a PCV/AT. Once I see what that does, I will get the Lloydz Adjustable Timing System. Then I'll get the Bassani 2 into 1 header.

That will be good for now. Maybe next winter I'll do cams.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I was going to add some colour this winter but after working a couple of months with a graphics guy I haven't found a combination I like. I'll give it a rest for a month or two then try again.

Although the bike is still on warranty I ordered and received a Lloydz IAV and ATS just before Christmas. I'll put them on one at a time in the spring and analyze what each of them do. The bike has plenty of power so I'm just trying to get it breathing properly at this point. According to Victory, the 2011 KP came with the stage 2 cam as a stock piece so if I come across some extra cash a new S&S breather and a Big Slash exhaust will be next.

I also picked up a used handlebar a couple of weeks ago that comes very close to what I want but still requires some bending. I talked to a welder on Thursday for some advice doing that so I'll probably be getting to that this week too.

There's always something.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Put on the XR tachometer kit, ambient temp sensor, and HID low beam headlight and still trying to ride at least once a week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
VicHID's high/low kit, upgrade to 6.5" Polks and an RF Amp. Also, looking into some powder coating and hydro-dipping for the headlight bezel, tail light bezel, saddle hinges and locks, crash bars, etc. just waiting for the temperature to get back above 0 point 0 to get started!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
WD's Gunner style brake and clutch levers in black
Cam cover contrast cut "106" style
Flamed shift linkage rod contrast cut
kEWLMETAL
Victory USA contrast cut speedo bezel
Lloyds
1/4 Turn throttle ring
ATS
Heavy duty cam cover gasket
Exhaust gaskets
RPW
Slash Exhaust Black Ceramic coated
Cycleops
Hypnotix contrast cut clutch arm cover
Arlen Ness
Scoop Mirrors / Black

More to come ? Hell Ya !:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sinned, please share the process for your seat mods. The changes, heat especially, so very interesting.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I kinda feel like they are a bit endless at this point.. but I think I am close to finishing.

I wanted a lower seat, I wanted heat on my back (not my butt) and I wanted to slim down the passenger area. I'll start with the heat, because it's so cheap it's sickens me to think victory offers a 3 digit upgrade

I bought a $30-$40 dollar car seat heater kit from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L6HYQK/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and then also bought an Accel waterproof connector to hook it up to the existing Accel waterproof connector under the X bike fender ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9Z8V2K/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]). I thought the heater would be bulky, but to my pleasant surprise, this thing is super thin. It's conductive thread woven between 2 pieces of sturdy cloth. You can trim them down a bit and they come with adhesive and all the necessary wires and switches. I chose not to add in the fuse they provide, but that's because the power source I tapped into is already set with a fuse. My instal is bit more detailed because of the other mods, but on a stock seat, just pull out the staples from the seat pan, pull back the vinyl and plastic covering the foam. mark off where you want the heaters, cut it to shape, use the adhesive strips and provided heat barrier tape to set it into position. The seat pans for the X bikes are the same, so the non-heated seats already come with a little area for switches. It's just covered up by vinyl. I just drilled out the existing switch hole and popped in the hi-lo switch. Only thing left is to do is wire in the Accel connector and you're good to go. BTW... the kit comes with 2 heater pads, so you can do both passenger and driver, but note, the switch is meant for one seat, so you'll only have one temp control for the 2 of you

Slimming down the passenger seat was/is more complicated because it means you'll need to reupholster your seat. But the process is simple.. electric carving knife to hack away big pieces and a rough grit sanding block to smooth things out. A great resource for this (and seat modifications) is http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/index.php

Dropping the driver seat is challenging. You need to reroute the wires and air hose to the shock (i tucked them between the fender and frame. I also had to cut away some of the BS plastic under the right side cover. Next.. you need to cut out the 2 channels in the driver seat pan with a dremmel. If you just did this.. it'll drop you about 1/2 to 1 inch with no need to reupholster the seat. But I wanted lower, so I replaced all the driver seat foam with memory foam and layers of gel.

I'm stapling/gluing things back together this week and then I'll reupholster it in the coming weeks. Overall, I think i'm probably 2-3" lower than stock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WD's Gunner style brake and clutch levers in black
Cam cover contrast cut "106" style
kEWLMETAL
Victory USA contrast cut speedo bezel
Lloyds
ATS
Heavy duty cam cover gasket
Exhaust gaskets
RPW
Slash Exhaust Black Ceramic coated
Cycleops
Hypnotix contrast cut clutch arm cover
Arlen Ness
Scoop Mirrors / Black

More to come ? Hell Ya !:D
one word... AWESOME.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sent my chin grill and sides off to Witchdoctor for painting, chroming riser and handlebar assembly, chrome allen caps for gas cap and possibly Arlen Ness mitered chubby handlebars. Not certain about the handlebars though as I have the Ness deep cut metal grips and don't want to ruin them trying to get them off. Put them on last year using the supplied grip glue ... not sure if they'll come off in one piece.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Mods and changes:

New throttle cables
Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate clutch
Lloyds ATS
Change out HID's for different HID's (including 3rd light) - old and new from VictoryHID's :)
Add USB ports
Add Fuzeblocks block
Make Non Ness heated seat like Ness seat
Change out a few of the bike's panels
Try, I say again, TRY, to figure out a way to go dark side
And......get the Bushtec trailer painted to match the Ness (flames and all)

All the above should be done before the end of Feb! Trailer in the works right now.

Then......Ride like the wind. Got Heaven to Hell Gold ride and the 3 Flags classic, and 2 other weeks of riding with the family planned this summer. Rode over 14k last year. Hope to better that this year!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mods and changes:

New throttle cables
Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate clutch
Lloyds ATS
Change out HID's for different HID's (including 3rd light) - old and new from VictoryHID's :)
Add USB ports
Add Fuzeblocks block
Make Non Ness heated seat like Ness seat
Change out a few of the bike's panels
Try, I say again, TRY, to figure out a way to go dark side
And......get the Bushtec trailer painted to match the Ness (flames and all)

All the above should be done before the end of Feb! Trailer in the works right now.

Then......Ride like the wind. Got Heaven to Hell Gold ride and the 3 Flags classic, and 2 other weeks of riding with the family planned this summer. Rode over 14k last year. Hope to better that this year!
Nice!! I'm adding USB ports into the fairing in Spring, so I'm interested to know what approach you take.

Also, I just installed heated seats for under $40.. details are in this thread, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Replace radio antenna with 10 dollar Wally World antenna works and looks great. New fron tire in March. Love those speaqker grills by Vic bagger.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts