Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1 ok so Polaris bought Indian. Indian was it's own brand with its own engine. So is Indian now just a Indian shell on a victory? The engines look very similar to me but maybe not. If they are will the now indinan parts work on our victorys?

#2 I thought all the victory models were the same (look very similar) but I'm finding out for, let's just my 2004 kingpin , parts seem to be the same up to 2008. Is that for all parts or just some? And is there other year breaks on parts? Or there just too many variables in part years?

#3 I have the 100cc motor and newer bikes have the 106. Are parts the same or are they completely different motors.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Indian is very different. Any similarities is coincidental.

Some parts like tires and brake shoes may be the same but others like exhausts mount differently. There used to be an online parts fiche that allowed us to see what parts fit other Victory models but Polaris took it down for some stupid reason. Make double sure the parts you buy will fit your year and model. Like I said; some parts are getting harder to find. Right now the only source for your bike for new drive belts is Polaris. Hopefully that will change. I think there's a sticky thread in the tech section you can look at while you settle in for a month's worth of reading on the other tech issues.

You have a 92 cubic inch (not cc) engine. The engines are similar but different; same with the transmission with the 6 speed vs the 5 speed. It was called the "Freedom" engine starting in 2002 if I'm not mistaken. The same engine was put into the early models before the switch to the new style with Vegas and Kingpin but after what they call the "Hammer" engine that had the transmission issues. Not all but some did.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is there a timeframe that Polaris will keep making parts? You wouldn't think finding a drive belt shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The Indian "name" was purchased from the previous owner (who was like the 5th owner of the name). Polaris/Indian then developed a whole new bike and engine for the brand.

Polaris is "supposed" to provide parts and support for 10 years (starting '17).

If you have a 2004 Kingpin you have a 92 CI motor not a 100 CI, unless there was a motor swap. the 100 CI motor wasn't available until 2006.

Here is you belt:https://leadersrpmshop.com/victory-motorcycle-new-oem-drive-belt-kingpin-vegas-touring-cruiser-3211088/

Reactions: Draft6969

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
What year Indian you talking about? The last ones before they got bought out were nothing more then S&S engines. 2014 was the first year for the thunderstroke, did you mean that setup?

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
The Indian "name" was purchased from the previous owner (who was like the 5th owner of the name). Polaris/Indian then developed a whole new bike and engine for the brand.

Polaris is "supposed" to provide parts and support for 10 years (starting '17).

If you have a 2004 Kingpin you have a 92 CI motor not a 100 CI, unless there was a motor swap. the 100 CI motor wasn't available until 2006.

Here is you belt:https://leadersrpmshop.com/victory-motorcycle-new-oem-drive-belt-kingpin-vegas-touring-cruiser-3211088/
FYI...my belts are cheaper.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to give you a shout. Do you happen to have a backrest and luggage rack? And what does a belt run?

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
I was going to give you a shout. Do you happen to have a backrest and luggage rack? And what does a belt run?
I think you'll need to email Paulie like I suggested, he cant quote prices over the forum.,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts