Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love my 2012 Cross Roads LE, but how can Victory build these bikes with that ugly License Plate holder. They are even on the Arlen Ness models. Where can I get a chrome frame and holder.

I am going to order the Arlin Ness Flamed Brake Reservoir Cover. Anything else?

·
Registered
422 Posts
LOL any website will have them, I got mine local at cyclegear, then got chrome bullet head bolts to match and it looks pretty sexy. thumb up

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
I love my 2012 Cross Roads LE, but how can Victory build these bikes with that ugly License Plate holder. They are even on the Arlen Ness models. Where can I get a chrome frame and holder.

I am going to order the Arlin Ness Flamed Brake Reservoir Cover. Anything else?
How about adding my lay down bracket that actually compliments the lines of your bike and its only $35 including fasteners, four threaded mounting inserts and shipping. Search threads for lay down bracket. Call 8am to 10pm Pacific Time 503 771-0525.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about adding my lay down bracket that actually compliments the lines of your bike and its only $35 including fasteners, four threaded mounting inserts and shipping. Search threads for lay down bracket. Call 8am to 10pm Pacific Time 503 771-0525.
What does it look like from the back side? That is the side I am concerned about.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
What does it look like from the back side? That is the side I am concerned about.
You don't really see the backside as it is inclined, as opposed to standing up like a billboard. It is made of 1/4" black ABS with a textured surface so it won't reflect onto the fender. Its simple, its attractive, and its easy to install...what more do you want? Chrome? Just add a chrome frame and fasteners. BTW, there are four 1/4-20 inserts to facilitate attaching a plate and frame. thumb up

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
I ordered the Arlen Ness Vision License Plate Kit. $119.00 plus shipping. They told me it should work. I'll see.
And if it doesn't work, I'll be standing by. :rolleyes: BTW, I forgot to mention my bracket comes with an attached spacer to provide clearance so fasteners won't gouge the paint. thumb up

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ahhh, I'm pretty sure a vision plate mount won't work, from what I've seen. I think they mount from the bottom. I made my own two years ago, mine is 1/4 inch thick aluminum plate,holes countersunk, and threaded for the plate, but I couldn't make them for what Ricz is doing with his. That's for sure.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
Ahhh, I'm pretty sure a vision plate mount won't work, from what I've seen. I think they mount from the bottom. I made my own two years ago, mine is 1/4 inch thick aluminum plate,holes countersunk, and threaded for the plate, but I couldn't make them for what Ricz is doing with his. That's for sure.
I first thought of using 1/4" aluminum, but realized that would take a lot more time than ABS for no benefit. Then I'd have to paint it black when I could buy ABS already in black and with a textured finish to boot so it won't reflect. thumb up

·
Registered
472 Posts
For guys that can't make there own stuff, yours is the way to go Rick. Easy, light, and inexpensive. Can't go wrong.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
For guys that can't make there own stuff, yours is the way to go Rick. Easy, light, and inexpensive. Can't go wrong.
Thanks for the plug. cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts