Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
This is about the best pic I have and I think this was before I bent it forward a little more. The license plate bracket on the KP's were definitely an afterthought. There are much nicer lay down brackets available from Ness and Witchdoctors.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to bend it up some but it is a tough bastard , and seems to be braced so it can't be bent very easily. I just wonder how mine got that way or was it replaced / repaired and installed wrong?
That is why I was looking to see what it is supposed to look like stock . Maybe as you said , a nice lay down plate would be the better way to go . Just gotta budget it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Just looking at this thread again and it hit me ......, what if it is put on the bike 180 degrees from the way it is supposed to be. That would explain the angle it has.
Only a couple of screws stand between you and the answer. thumb up

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That wasn't it , but , I did figure it out . Someone had it apart at one time and didn't put it back together right. They didn't have the front bracket and rear bracket looked lined up and so they used their own bolts to hold it together , see the before and after pics.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1355463864.015065.jpg
Before
ImageUploadedByMO Free1355463893.242381.jpg
After
ImageUploadedByMO Free1355463918.881003.jpg
Much straighter now

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
New Kingpin owner

Hi Guys.
I Already have a Vegas in the UK and am buying an older 2004 Kingpin for use in Florida. Haven't see it in the flesh yet, but have lots of photos. The only thing I really dislike is the license plate bracket. Can anyone tell me if this can be completely removed and another (legally) put either on the lower part of the fender or to the side (or anywhere other than it sticking up behind the passenger seat?

One other thing.. will I notice a big difference in performance between my Vegas 106 and the Kingpin 92 motors?

Many thanks Guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts