Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an option for a license plate/ turn signal holder for Vegas.
That plastic one is ugly

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Anyone have an option for a license plate/ turn signal holder for Vegas.
That plastic one is ugly
I trimmed the bottom off mine, first thing I did when I got the bike home. Easy-Peasy:smile

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I trimmed the bottom off mine, first thing I did when I got the bike home. Easy-Peasy:smile
Thanks BmX I should have done a search first, I'm seeing some stuff around.
I was thinking why not have a go at it, worst case I have to fabricate something or buy something.
If I can trim it and get it smooth enough some black paint should be able to stick to plastic

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
I made my own turn signals, looks very professional

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Thanks BmX I should have done a search first, I'm seeing some stuff around.
I was thinking why not have a go at it, worst case I have to fabricate something or buy something.
If I can trim it and get it smooth enough some black paint should be able to stick to plastic
Just move the plate up as hiigh as you can then trim the bottom and you won't see any plastic at all

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
That's the good thing "here" if you bought it legal, then it's all OK.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
That's the good thing "here" if you bought it legal, then it's all OK.
Ill generally use a hand signal as well to get the point across as to where I'm going.
On older bikes Ive owned, where I can get away with it I prefer to remove the blinkers entirely to clean up the look of a bike.
I see bikes riding along with forgotten blinkers still blinking, inviting a car to pull out thinking theyre turning.
Its hard to forget and leave your hand signal out as you ride along:grin

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good or Bad ?
Good from me, I like that minimalist look for those.
Did you take any photos while you were making them? Not sure if they are legal here but if they are if be interested in making some like this. Especially at $300 online

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Good or Bad ?
Good from me, I like that minimalist look for those.
Did you take any photos while you were making them? Not sure if they are legal here but if they are if be interested in making some like this. Especially at $300 online
I bought the LED online and took aluminium strips and used 3M metal tape-glue, just match up the 4 bolts in the fender and bend 1 piece same same curve as your fender,
Some hole drilling etc and you are done for less then 50 bucks,

This is the place I bought them,

Universal Flexible LED Motorcycle Brake Lights Turn Signal Light Strip 32 Leds License Plate Light Flashing Tail Stop Lights
http://s.aliexpress.com/z2aQRFzQ
(from AliExpress Android)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts