Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a lift to store my jackpot for the winter, really like the j&s jacks but there going for $399 online. At sears they have the yellow craftsman for $179, has anyone used either of these and could comment on them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i did see the red one on there only $99, figured the yellow might be a little better? After paying $14k for the bike really don't want to cheap out on the lift a couple hundred bucks won't hurt. A buddy of mine's bike fell last year because of a cheap lift.

·
12,970 Posts
So I'm looking for a lift to store my jackpot for the winter, really like the j&s jacks but there going for $399 online. At sears they have the yellow craftsman for $179, has anyone used either of these and could comment on them.
Look on craigslist there all ways seams to be one there at a saving.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i did check craigslist first, only decent one in my area i saw was a pitbull manual lift for $300 but the guy never called me back. Might just pull the trigger and get the j&s only thing is on the site it doesn't say for the jackpot so ill have to call them.

·
12,970 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
When using a lift always remember that after you jack the bike up to lock it in place and release the hydrolic piston. This prevents the piston from failing and either slowy lowering your bike or sudden failure and dropping your bike. Also don't forget to tie the bike down. And always be careful.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I decided to pick up the pitbull lift that was by me $300 cash and only used a couple times. It's great in awesome shape, now I just happened to be checking out the website n it says will not work with the jackpot?

·
Registered
261 Posts
For future reference, check FleaBay

·
Registered
566 Posts
Harbor Freight

I have never had any luck with Harbor Freight hydraulic stuff, and from reading some of the reviews it seems that the bike jacks are not much better. The reviewers say that for smaller/lighter bikes they work ok, but for heavier stuff (which is all Victory makes) they tend to not be very stable. I would spend that extra few bucks and get something better quality. Do it once, do it right. If you cut corners and buy cheap stuff, you'll just end up spending the money twice. I've leared that a long time ago. :)

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not the best to leave the tires on cold concrete for months at a time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts