Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to jack up the ole cross roads for the first time tonight and realized there weren't really any lifting points on the bottom of the bike.. Not quite what I'm used to, the only liftable surface area under the bike seems to be the oil pan

Wondering where others put a bike lift/jack to lift the bike to get under it..??

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
The engine is part of the frame for the cross bikes - lift her up by bottom part of the engine - or what you called "the oil pan." Just make sure you avoid the oil drain plug. thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
That skid plate looks nice but damn your right. The price is way to much.

·
Registered
221 Posts
+1 to what Cross Roads said. There's a skid plate available aftermarket, and I personally think it should come stock on the X bikes, but it's ridiculously expensive for what it is.
BBob, what is the hole for in the skid plate? Oil drain plug? Or do you have to pull off the skid plate to change the oil?

Thanks...

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts

·
13,188 Posts
I jack up my vision all the time. The only thing I watch out for is not jacking up on the regulator.
You can get the back end up high enough to change a tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I went to jack up the ole cross roads for the first time tonight and realized there weren't really any lifting points on the bottom of the bike.. Not quite what I'm used to, the only liftable surface area under the bike seems to be the oil pan

Wondering where others put a bike lift/jack to lift the bike to get under it..??
Do a search for a previous thread on this subject and look for my posts. A simple block (see photos) and placing the lift at a certain angle has the bike rock solid. Dimensions for the block are in my posts. In fact, my XR is up on my lift as I write this. thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
where do you put your tie downs on the XR/XC bikes?
Handlebars for the front?
passenger footrest on the rear?

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
where do you put your tie downs on the XR/XC bikes?
Handlebars for the front?
passenger footrest on the rear?
With my system, the bike is so solid on the lift I don't need to tie down. In the event of an earthquake, that's another story.:crzy:

·
13,188 Posts
I have never tied my bike down. But then if I'm changing the wheels or what ever I loosen the bolts before it goes in the air.
You just have to be careful and when you get it in the air give it a wiggle and you'll see how steady it is.
Tying the bike to the lift will not prevent it from tipping over.
Use cumin cents and you'll go far

1 - 11 of 11 Posts