Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked before, but can you use a motorcycle lift on the xc? Would like to lift the bike for cleaning and maintenance work. When I look at the bottom, it appears that the engine is somewhat lower then the frame. Is this true? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know this has been asked before, but can you use a motorcycle lift on the xc? Would like to lift the bike for cleaning and maintenance work. When I look at the bottom, it appears that the engine is somewhat lower then the frame. Is this true? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
The engine is the frame in that area. You can use a motorcycle lift. Come in on the oil filler side. you will need a 3/4 board (3/4 x 2 x wide of jack.(+ an inch on both ends) This is to offset the countour of the bottom off the engine and to keep the bike from rocking. I placed the 3/4 board lenthways of the bike on the kickstand side inboard of the outside of the engine perimeter amd jack the bike up. I need to make a template to the countour of the bottom of the engine and place them on the lift rails.
It's a little spooky untill you convince yourself it's not going anywhere, and do just that as soon as the tires come off the floor.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I use a sears craftsman motorcycle lift. come in from the starboard side (opposite side of the kickstand). The arms on the jack will just miss the kickstand and still catch the rear of the engine. I put a 2X4 under the kickstand to stand the bike more straight up and I can do it with no help. Piece of cake!:)

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Make an adapter like this and lifting with one of those two forked lifts is a piece of cake. The critical dimension 1" from the bottom of the arc to the bottom of the adapter. The length is 3" and the height is 2". I simply hold it in place at the bottom of the left passenger peg support with a rubber band. The bike is rock solid on the lift. However, the lift does not go under the bike straight - it will be at a slight angle, with the part that's away from the bike angled toward the rear. That's because of the side stand bracket that you don't want the lift under. Once you have that sweet spot, mark the pads of your lift with tape where the bike meets the pads and the next time you lift the bike will be a snap.thumb up

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts