Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:

Ok small problem, my driving light is working but my BIG light only flicks on for half second when i flip the switch

So surly the problem is on the handlebar switch ....

But i cannot retighten the wires or check the switch COZ i cannot take it out .... See picture the white plastic is holding it together but after removing the screw it does not come out ... Coz it could be a loose wire or bad switch only ...

Any experience with this ??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Better picture now 2 switches are easily removed but the lightbeam switch cannot get out

I used the multimeter to see if the switch is working, and it seems it does ...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Its hard to tell from the pics, is there anything jumping out at you as broken?
Do you have a dealer access in Indonesia where you could purchase a new switch?

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its hard to tell from the pics, is there anything jumping out at you as broken?
Do you have a dealer access in Indonesia where you could purchase a new switch?
Everything looks fine ... But that is the only switch i could not "remove" for inspection ... Or testing

Bit odd i could not remove it ??

Noooo if i would order one it would take month's from the USA .... But better to multimeter everything first then ??

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
:banghead:

Ok small problem, my driving light is working but my BIG light only flicks on for half second when i flip the switch

So surly the problem is on the handlebar switch ....

But i cannot retighten the wires or check the switch COZ i cannot take it out .... See picture the white plastic is holding it together but after removing the screw it does not come out ... Coz it could be a loose wire or bad switch only ...

Any experience with this ??
A few questions:

When you say "big" light, are you talking about the low beam or the high beam on the stock headlight?

These driving lights: you added them? And where do they get their power from?

Last, this half-a-second test: are you testing this with the engine running, or the engine off (with the key turned to Acc. or something)?

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi wspollack
Sorry yes low beam is working fine
High beam if i flip the switch only 1/2 second the high beam works ... Only original lights and wirering ... No extra lights

But 1 year ago HID not stock bulb's

The test of the switch itself is with the contact OFF, so i can see the 3 wires change on the multimeter, never checked with contact ON

Could there be a possibility the button is not contacting correctly .... And why i cannot take out that switch . as you can see removing the other switches is not a problem ?

Thanks for the questions, and correction, for high / low beam button

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Hi wspollack
Sorry yes low beam is working fine
High beam if i flip the switch only 1/2 second the high beam works ... Only original lights and wirering ... No extra lights

But 1 year ago HID not stock bulb's

The test of the switch itself is with the contact OFF, so i can see the 3 wires change on the multimeter, never checked with contact ON

Could there be a possibility the button is not contacting correctly .... And why i cannot take out that switch . as you can see removing the other switches is not a problem ?

Thanks for the questions, and correction, for high / low beam button
I was just thinking that maybe there's a problem with a relay, because sometimes relays get involved with headlights. That is, sometimes -- and I'm not sure if this applies to Vics -- there's a relay and a delay in lighting up headlights when a bike is turned on. This process saves having the battery, at start-up, power both lights and the starter motor; once the motor's running, the headlights go on. That's how some bikes work, anyway.

So I was wondering whether there's a problem related to that sort of thing (if Vics do that). That's why I was wondering whether you have this problem after the bike's been fired up.

If you have aftermarket HIDs, then I suppose something could have gone wrong with the HID power source/ballast/something. I've read about a problem or two with aftermarket HID systems, some of which were replaced by a vendor and then worked fine.

Sorry, no help with the switches or how to take them apart. So far, you have me stumped...

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok getting your drift now, yes when the bike engine is running ALSO the same happening with the high beam

Ok i will check the relays in the morning, and i think the high / low ballasts are exactly the same, so i could try switching the ballasts ...

Good ideas mate .... Thanks, I'll update tomorrow .... Cross fingers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts