Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm looking at upgrading the factory head and fog lights on my 2013 Cross Roads. I'm going to go with a JW Speaker Adaptive 2 headlight, and also want to go LED fog lights. What size fog lights would I need to get to still use the factory housing, if possible, or would I have to replace the entire fog light assembly and wiring? Also would I need to put any type of resistor in line in order to account for the lower draw of the LEDs, or would that be built into the lights themselves?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
You can often find a replacement for any traditional bulb in LED form. Direct replacement.
Resistors and load creation stuff usually only applies to turn signals on bikes not using a digital flasher so that shouldn't apply here.

I have no idea what bulbs are in the factory housing but if you got a pic can probably identify a replacement.

The only hangup on some of the LED bulbs they can have a larger housing so requiring some modifications to work.

I'd try using direct replacement in what you have before spending money on another set of fog lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks IndyVictory. I agree, would rather use a direct replacement if I can. But the people I've talked to on different forums that have LED foglights never seem to know what brand or size they are. LOL Bike is in storage for the winter months so can't get any new pictures of the headlights.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Ah well you have time to plan then. Most likely just a common bulb then the challenge is finding one to fit.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Looks like the "phase 7" lights might fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts