Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow! That's a difficult choice. Black or White...I'll flip a coin. Even the 2012 Kingpin had more choices than that. You could get White, White, or White. Victory seems to have lost all of their creative skills!:( :confused:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Wow! That's a difficult choice. Black or White...I'll flip a coin. Even the 2012 Kingpin had more choices than that. You could get White, White, or White. Victory seems to have lost all of their creative skills!:( :confused:
Keep in mind that more colors always translates into higher MSRP.

Anyway, I have a thing for white motorcycles - sooner or later I will have enough cash to spare to paint my XR in white.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Keep in mind that more colors always translates into higher MSRP.

Anyway, I have a thing for white motorcycles - sooner or later I will have enough cash to spare to paint my XR in white.
Why? They seem to charge more for colors on other bikes as does Harley. Not sure why that would raise the price of a black one?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Why? They seem to charge more for colors on other bikes as does Harley. Not sure why that would raise the price of a black one?
Using strictly hypothetical numbers, if a manufacturer is set to produce 1,000 vehicles, and they are all black, their cost is lower than to produce 250 black vehicles, 100 red, 300 blue, 150 orange, and 200 white. For starters, they're using less black paint, so buying less paint, incurs a higher cost. Manufacturing and coordinating smaller runs for each color also add up. Then it comes to storing higher volume of parts, and vehicle inventory at the dealer level.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Black bikes are generally faster than any other color.
The exception to that would be the blue ones. Much like a flame, they are the hottest one. :D
Black's the fastest, Blue's the hottest, White's the coolest, Red's the sexyest... :ltr: What did I miss? Oh, yeah, Boardwalk's only available in Black and White.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Black's the fastest, Blue's the hottest, White's the coolest, Red's the sexyest... :ltr: What did I miss? Oh, yeah, Boardwalk's only available in Black and White.
I wish I had known this before. So I just have to decide if I want it fast, hot, cool, or sexy. I think I'll buy the fast one and paint it green.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I rode one yesterday when the demo truck came through. Felt like I was riding my 04 Kingpin with wider bars and no windshield.

I do like the way the fenders turn in at the bottom better than the KP. I just wish they would have kept the Kingpin name and called it Kingpin Version 2 or something to distinguish it from the early KP's. KPV2 or Kingpin V2 for short.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Not to steal your thread, but my Black 86 Buick was the fastest American production car built that year and the following year. They never offered them in any other color, because even blue hair Buick knows any other color will slow your ride down. cheers:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
The black

I have the Black BW and I think it is a little faster than the white one. It's definitely faster than a Harley without the screaming Eagle engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts