Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody run with the saddlebags off,no front fender and stock windshield. what was results.good and or bad.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I don't think it would make much of a deference and the manual advises not to ride the XC with the saddle bags off. You want more speed, cams, stage 1 or 2 and raise the rev limiter. I know a guy that did that with a XR, STAGE 1 and clamed he could get 137 mph.

·
13,090 Posts
A guy striped a vision down to just the frame and wheels. He ran a 10 sec at the strip

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
A guy striped a vision down to just the frame and wheels. He ran a 10 sec at the strip
Yes, there was a build thread of a guy who crashed his vision, and completely stripped it, it was awsome...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
These things have an electronic speed limiter that stops the fun around 122-124 mph...
Supposedly the speed limiter had been disabled someway.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Supposedly the speed limiter had been disabled someway.
possible to disable limiter but that wasnt mentioned, even so ya need decent horsepower to run 10secs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The first thing you'll notice is the bike looks stupid. LOL
It does look pretty agricultural in behind the saddlebags. It looks a bit better with the saddlebag support frames removed, but the mudguard cutout shape is pretty ugly.
A panel beater mate has offered to beat up mudguard fill in panels to be attached with sheet metal screws, but I haven't taken him up on it yet. I'm worried it will look like an Indian.
Nah, I just find I need to carry all the crap that the saddlebags make possible, tools, wet weather gear, mini compressor, tyre patching gear and tyre levers, small rubber mallet for tyre refitting, and so on.
A Hammer mudguard on the front looks good on the USD forks I reckon.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
I prefer the Kingpin front mudguard(fender), as it actually stops crap from hitting the oil cooler and front of the bike, small or none looks cool and tough but dont stop much.
I don't run 10s...
Theres a coupla Harleys at my track running consistent 10.6 and theyre monsters, ones a comp bike with wheelie bars, the other a street bike that looks like any other black Harley, they both sound like animals and go like stink!
Run away from me like Im standing still

·
Registered
82 Posts
When cleaning my bike, I noticed that everything has a hefty weight to it. I now ride my XC without the front fairing, front fender, front wheel, seat, kickstand, body panels, lights, or even tires. Just the bare rims to the road.
If you are that worried about the weight, lose 20 pounds.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
take off a rotor. Take out radio
Remove rear wheel and swing arm all together, just a UnderDrive pulley on the track..... Ha ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
161 Posts
It does look pretty agricultural in behind the saddlebags. It looks a bit better with the saddlebag support frames removed, but the mudguard cutout shape is pretty ugly.
A panel beater mate has offered to beat up mudguard fill in panels to be attached with sheet metal screws, but I haven't taken him up on it yet. I'm worried it will look like an Indian.
Actually, the ability to remove the saddlebags sometimes and still have the bike not look ugly is the main reason I sometimes think of getting an Indian Springfield, but then I look at the rake and trail numbers in its front end, and seriously doubt it's stability on dirt roads. I know the Chiefs handle dirt OK, tried that, but the Springfield has 3 degrees less rake and quite a bit less trail. It's a bit hard to go ask for a test ride, saying you want to punt it down a couple of hundred kilometres of dirt tracks before making up your mind. The Springfield Dark Horse with the 19" front wheel would be better, and the extra capacity would help make up for the less power, but so far I haven't been inspired to shell out the money. The HardBall is still putting a smile on my face every time I fire it up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts