Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

List of mods still available for a 99 v92c?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SportyDoug 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a list of sites that offer after market mods still? A few things I would love to get are LED headlight replacement, to be able to move the footboards back (I did one side already, the other side I need a shorter shift bar linkage) Also, does anyone know what length I would need to shorten the shift linkage? Front lights, fairings, different windshields, anything that's out there please post a link to it so I can start sifting through the remnants. Of course I will search these forums as well as i can in the mean time (love the idea of the lowering mount if I can get that drawing :D

#2 ·
There was very little aftermarket items for the early model Victory's. Older HD fairing with the hollow back, just a shell. It can be modified to bolt right up to the early Victory's. Using the HD brackets and walloping out the bolt holes. Mustang made seats for them. Most people fabricated their modifications.

#3 ·
What about the shifter linkage? The floorboards are adjustable but I can't find anything on a shorter linkage bar, guess I could just adjust it and measure myself and find out who can make one but checking to see if that size is already out there? Is the headlight a standard size?

#4 ·
I haven't done it myself but I'm pretty sure you can make a shorter linkage bar pretty easy.. just cut some threaded rod to the length you need.

The old V92's were basically abandoned by Vic way before they abandoned everyone, and it's such a shame. I said for years that if they had modernized them a bit they would have still sold alongside the Vegas and XC/Vision style bikes. At this point unless you find a pot-o-gold stash at the end of a rainbow you're pretty much gonna have to fab about anything aftermarket you want. As many bike builders etc as there are out there it shouldn't really be that hard to do honestly, just take a little more time.

#6 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.