·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But it will be nice for the ride home from work. :ltr: :ltr:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I work nightshift right now, left work a little after 7:00 this morn it was 27 degrees it warmed up to the 30's when I got back to Havasu. I definitely don't have the proper gear for this weather.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vin , by chilly you mean the mid 60's I presume ? :ltr:
Closer to 30 :D

I wear a Tour Master jacket with the rain and thermal liner, flannel shirt and my leather vest over the top. Thinsulate leather gloves and a helmet. The ride home will be VERY nice.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
17 degrees this morning in the NE Burbs of Chicago. Saw a guy out riding this morning ng.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
High of the day is projected at 22F. I still have a cover on the bike for yesterday's snow prediction. I think it will be a good day to give the cage some exercise, it doesn't get much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Today we have a high of 28 & the low tonight is 17, this is the PNW....Saw this when I came home last night, took a pic today.......No riding this week, not so much from the cold, as concern for black ice.....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do wish my oil cooler had a thermostat the motor never reached 150 on the way to work.

I was warm on the way home 53 and sunny this is the kind of weather I can lay down 100s of miles.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I rode in at 4:30 this morning with thinsulate gloves, chaps and jacket, full face helmet,and heated grips on.But my fingers still got cold on the tops. It was 39 degrees.It was a nice ride home though...except for the traffic.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A brisk ride is one thing. Trying to ride in freezing rain / snow is another. SW Ohio is a no ride zone for a while.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I rode in at 4:30 this morning with thinsulate gloves, chaps and jacket, full face helmet,and heated grips on.But my fingers still got cold on the tops. It was 39 degrees.It was a nice ride home though...except for the traffic.
Assless chaps? :( :D :D
I like my thinsulate long gloves. Here in Deer Valley it seems to get a few degrees colder.

A brisk ride is one thing. Trying to ride in freezing rain / snow is another. SW Ohio is a no ride zone for a while.
Sucks!!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
-25 here this morning, today's high predicted to be six below. Spring will be a long time coming. Studying my atlas, May 22 departure for New Mexico! I've been doing this for far too many winters and it isn't getting any easier.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
34 here in Scottsdale. Freezing my ass off. It's December should be in 70s.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts