Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
While I think Lloyds does an outstanding job with making aftermarket parts for our bikes, I am bot totally cool with the idea of having his name on every part of my machine, on the other hand if the parts were deeply discounted or free he could put his name where on my ride he wanted.

Not a huge fan of this style of advertisement from anyone, be it Lloyds, S&S, Harley, D&D, or any other company out there.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
While I think Lloyds does an outstanding job with making aftermarket parts for our bikes, I am bot totally cool with the idea of having his name on every part of my machine, on the other hand if the parts were deeply discounted or free he could put his name where on my ride he wanted.

Not a huge fan of this style of advertisement from anyone, be it Lloyds, S&S, Harley, D&D, or any other company out there.
not that it can be seen anyway!...its hidden under the tank...so whats the point?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The S&S is cheaper and really there is no difference, so cheaper wins. I also agree that I hate the advertising that alot of vendors put on there parts, there are some parts that are out there that I want but will not buy it because of someone's name or logo is on it...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I guess it's your choice on what you have on your own bike.....for me though, I don't mind sporting the name tag of anything that makes my ride perform or look better for me......

The branding alone will not prevent me from having something on my bike.

But hey......everyone's gotta do what works for them.

Peter

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
The S&S is cheaper and really there is no difference, so cheaper wins. I also agree that I hate the advertising that alot of vendors put on there parts, there are some parts that are out there that I want but will not buy it because of someone's name or logo is on it...
I take it your Victory has been de-badged then?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
TT low profile

I have the torque tubes, not the air filter. They are chrome, with the Lloydz logo etched in them-- very subtle, hard to spot. I gotta say, they look pretty cool as they "breathe" at idle-- you can see each one shake as their specific cylinder seems to draw a breath. They make nice power also- check his dyno charts.

I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Remember the 70's when baseball caps started becoming the norm and any with a company's name or logo were given away for free as advertising? Prior to that about the only one's you saw around were from farm implement dealers or trucking companies. I wasn't one of the collectors but not many people paid for ball caps for a lot of years. I'll be going with the cheaper air cleaner at the time rather than contributing to a new nine iron for someone at the manufacturer. Better in my pocket.

·
Registered
203 Posts

I spent $6500 with Lloyd building my 92 to a 114. There was no branding whatsoever put on the bike and I was even expecting a Lloyd's cam cover. Other than the Lloyd's cheese wedge I bought, you wouldn't know he put wrench on it.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Remember the 70's when baseball caps started becoming the norm and any with a company's name or logo were given away for free as advertising? Prior to that about the only one's you saw around were from farm implement dealers or trucking companies. I wasn't one of the collectors but not many people paid for ball caps for a lot of years. I'll be going with the cheaper air cleaner at the time rather than contributing to a new nine iron for someone at the manufacturer. Better in my pocket.
I got so much vendor crap back in the '80s that I have never bought a ball cap but I did buy a cheap rack to hang up all of the freebie coffee mugs from those same people.
No, I do not pay to advertise for other people.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just ordered this intake to go with my new true duals from RPW. I'll let y'all know what I think of it when I get it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lloydz is a small business, not a huge corporate entity. Aesthetics are very important to most, but like bikes overall, to each their own. Personally, the branding on the air box isn't bad...and I'd rather pay a small business that is one of THE FEW who are doing what Loydz does for Vic owners. Anywho....can't go wrong with either of these ariboxes, but as others have stated check out the dyno charts with the Lloydz box. Is that worth the extra 30-40 bucks to you? (answers may vary).

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Sa
Lloydz is a small business, not a huge corporate entity. Aesthetics are very important to most, but like bikes overall, to each their own. Personally, the branding on the air box isn't bad...and I'd rather pay a small business that is one of THE FEW who are doing what Loydz does for Vic owners. Anywho....can't go wrong with either of these ariboxes, but as others have stated check out the dyno charts with the Lloydz box. Is that worth the extra 30-40 bucks to you? (answers may vary).
As if you can read his name anyway unless you got a glass fuel tank!
The bloke is at the forefront of Victory Performance engineering he deserves to be successful, he's riding the leading edge of stuff that gets passed down to the street...saw a vid just the other day of his worthwhile attempts to screw 200 mph out of a VIc in the salt.
More Power to him.
I just had a small windfall so Torque Tubes could be not far away!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sa

As if you can read his name anyway unless you got a glass fuel tank!
The bloke is at the forefront of Victory Performance engineering he deserves to be successful, he's riding the leading edge of stuff that gets passed down to the street...saw a vid just the other day of his worthwhile attempts to screw 200 mph out of a VIc in the salt.
More Power to him.
I just had a small windfall so Torque Tubes could be not far away!
Agreed. Lloydz has gotten my business, and will continue to. To me the extra few bucks are worth it. Can't put a price on peace of mind cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts