Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.!!!!
I got a lloyds air box installed yesterday at the dealership and spent the day today on the bike. 230 miles.
The mechanic told me that he adjusted my Ness fuel controller up 1 notch. I also run Ness big honkers.
Soo The bike just FLySSSSSSS but the POPPING that I never had before has developed all over the place. Excell/ decell ( low speeds) and hard excell. What do you guys suggest. Richer? leaner? I'm open to all suggestions.
Next. If I debaffel my Ness pipes, will I require richer of leaner adjustment on the controller?
Thanks for the help
bcflygly wac

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Ok.!!!!
I got a lloyds air box installed yesterday at the dealership and spent the day today on the bike. 230 miles. The mechanic told me that he adjusted my Ness fuel controller up 1 notch. I also run Ness big honkers. Soo The bike just FLySSSSSSS but the POPPING that I never had before has developed all over the place. Excell/ decell ( low speeds) and hard excell. What do you guys suggest. Richer? leaner? I'm open to all suggestions. Next. If I debaffel my Ness pipes, will I require richer of leaner adjustment on the controller?
Thanks for the help
bcflygly wac
I doubt the air filter (itself) is creating the popping but rather the combo you have is likely causing the problem. Most have solved those popping issues by using one of the Lloyds IAV
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1632

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contact Lloydz and ask for his recommended settings for your combination. He, Kyle, or KevinX will get you closer without a dyno than anyone.

I had thought of that but I am not using a lloydz fuel controller. It is an Arlin Ness so completly different ballgame but thanks for the idea

·
13,239 Posts
You want Lloydz Idle Air Control valve and long as your getting it buy his 1/4 turn throttle its cheap and a nice peace

·
Registered
931 Posts
You want Lloydz Idle Air Control valve and long as your getting it buy his 1/4 turn throttle its cheap and a nice peace
What advantages are there with the 1/4 turn throttle

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
827 Posts
What needs to happen is: Thundermax or another company needs to make a better fuel controller then what is currently available for the Victory motor.

·
Registered
827 Posts
What needs to happen is: Thundermax or another company needs to make a better fuel controller then what is currently available for the Victory motor.
Power Commander PC-V
PC-V is just a band-aid to lie to the ecu to get the correct fuel curve. I had the PCII and PCIII on my old HD's. They work OK, but then the Thundermax came out. It replaces the factory ecu with an auto-tune system. It is also adjustable with a computer completely (timing and fuel at all rmps and throttle positions)

They need to be encourage by everyone to build a tuner for our Victory's.

For additional information on our products, please feel free to email us or request info online.

Thunder Heart Performance Corporation
120 Industrial Park Drive
White House, TN 37188
U.S.A. Sales or Dealer Information
[email protected]
Request Info Online

Support
[email protected]
Online Technical Request Form

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure they are both the EJK (electronic jet kit) by Doebeck Performance.

http://dobeckperformance.com/dobecklinks.asp
They are both made by Dobeck but they have different settings. Bought a Ness Big Shot 2 controller also back in 2011, and have just installed Lloydz HoH-VM1-DR Cams. I asked for some recommended settings from Lloydz, but was told that they could not help me for the above reason. Called Dobeck and they offered to guide me to some settings according to what I wanted for performance, or gas mileage or any specific problems I was having. Just needed me looking at the controller on the bike to guide me through. Good friendly guys. Hope this helps.cheers

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
PC-V is just a band-aid to lie to the ecu to get the correct fuel curve. I had the PCII and PCIII on my old HD's. They work OK, but then the Thundermax came out. It replaces the factory ecu with an auto-tune system. It is also adjustable with a computer completely (timing and fuel at all rmps and throttle positions)

They need to be encourage by everyone to build a tuner for our Victory's.

For additional information on our products, please feel free to email us or request info online.

Thunder Heart Performance Corporation
120 Industrial Park Drive
White House, TN 37188
U.S.A. Sales or Dealer Information
[email protected]
Request Info Online

Support
[email protected]
Online Technical Request Form
Thunderheart was an OEM and aftermarket provider to the Gilroy era Indians. They were a great resource then and for quite a while after the factory went tits up.
I would be happy to dump the PC V for TH.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am running the VFC-III with open air box, and freedom pipes. I am getting popping too. I have heard that I need to have the stage 1 download for the ECU to get the most out of the VFC. Any truth to this?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
No, haven't installed the IAV yet. I was told by my dealer that the stage 1 download is needed and that VFC fine tunes. Never heard that before.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Install the IAV FIRST and THEN make any other decisions. The IAV's SINGLE function is to stop the backfires. The dealer is just trying to make $'s. You only need EITHER the VFC-III or the stage one, not both. If in doubt. Call Lloyds for the details. It's his products and he answers these questions all the time.

Here's an interesting quote from this other thread on here...
"Hmmm... all I can say in answer to that is when I bought a new, off the showroom floor, Jackpot, I also spent the $1k for the Stage 1 kit for it. Popped like crazy so I did some research and found a solution; or at least a major improvement. A Lloydz IAV. This allowed me to richen the air/fuel mixture at idle which a big reason for the popping. Around 90% of the popping went away.

So to say this doesn't happen with the Victory Stage 1 is pure bunk."

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?p=152474#post152474

1 - 20 of 22 Posts