Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

lloyds air box and POPPING

9K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  rwbrown 
#1 ·
Ok.!!!!
I got a lloyds air box installed yesterday at the dealership and spent the day today on the bike. 230 miles.
The mechanic told me that he adjusted my Ness fuel controller up 1 notch. I also run Ness big honkers.
Soo The bike just FLySSSSSSS but the POPPING that I never had before has developed all over the place. Excell/ decell ( low speeds) and hard excell. What do you guys suggest. Richer? leaner? I'm open to all suggestions.
Next. If I debaffel my Ness pipes, will I require richer of leaner adjustment on the controller?
Thanks for the help
bcflygly wac

#2 ·
Ok.!!!!
I got a lloyds air box installed yesterday at the dealership and spent the day today on the bike. 230 miles. The mechanic told me that he adjusted my Ness fuel controller up 1 notch. I also run Ness big honkers. Soo The bike just FLySSSSSSS but the POPPING that I never had before has developed all over the place. Excell/ decell ( low speeds) and hard excell. What do you guys suggest. Richer? leaner? I'm open to all suggestions. Next. If I debaffel my Ness pipes, will I require richer of leaner adjustment on the controller?
Thanks for the help
bcflygly wac
I doubt the air filter (itself) is creating the popping but rather the combo you have is likely causing the problem. Most have solved those popping issues by using one of the Lloyds IAV
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1632

#4 ·
I had thought of that but I am not using a lloydz fuel controller. It is an Arlin Ness so completly different ballgame but thanks for the idea

#8 ·
What advantages are there with the 1/4 turn throttle

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
What needs to happen is: Thundermax or another company needs to make a better fuel controller then what is currently available for the Victory motor.

#20 · (Edited)
Install the IAV FIRST and THEN make any other decisions. The IAV's SINGLE function is to stop the backfires. The dealer is just trying to make $'s. You only need EITHER the VFC-III or the stage one, not both. If in doubt. Call Lloyds for the details. It's his products and he answers these questions all the time.

Here's an interesting quote from this other thread on here...
"Hmmm... all I can say in answer to that is when I bought a new, off the showroom floor, Jackpot, I also spent the $1k for the Stage 1 kit for it. Popped like crazy so I did some research and found a solution; or at least a major improvement. A Lloydz IAV. This allowed me to richen the air/fuel mixture at idle which a big reason for the popping. Around 90% of the popping went away.

So to say this doesn't happen with the Victory Stage 1 is pure bunk."

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?p=152474#post152474

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.