Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. so good news is that Llyods is only 90 miles from me! I am thinking of new cams, airbox, air/fuel adjustor and some new pipes, probably around springtime.

Question.. and I know this is gets discussed a lot.. will this effect my OEM warranty? My dealer is pretty cool and has offered to install anything I want, but I'd rather the guys who built it install it.

thoughts?

Oh.. and "hi" I am new here..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome Aboard , from what I have heard , you cant go wrong @ Lloyds .... cheers

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Aboard , from what I have heard , you cant go wrong @ Lloyds .... cheers
Thanks! I am very excited about riding up there. I get the feeling it'll be like being a kid in a candy shop

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about the warranty , you will probably never need it , and from what the guys say here , they don't cover anything anyway ...:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
From what I have read .....if the added aftermarket part has anything to do with the 'issue or claim'.... Ma Vic can deny the claim.

That said......from what I have also read .....or not read...was anyone having any issues with any of the performance upgrades / parts from any of the trusted Victory Gurus.

So really the choice is yours..... ride your Scoot stock and wait until your factory warranty is finished......

...or do the upgrades and enjoy how the bike is meant to perform.

:)

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Victory would have to prove the after market part was the cause of any claim you'd bring. Many Victory dealers sell and install Lloyds cams, timing wheels, fuel controllers etc. Those same dealers would have to notify Victory that your bike has after market item(s) installed in it.

Let's say your oil pump died and fried the engine. No way the cams, timing wheel or fuel controller was at fault anyway.

In another scenario, let's say your rear piston burnt and scorched the cylinder walls because your fuel controller wasn't set up correctly. That's on you or the person who set up your fuel controller. In my case, I have 100% faith and trust in Rylan Vos at The Vic Shop who set up my PCV. He's the expert and I saw no reason to set up my PCV on my own.

Technically - yes, installing after market items 'can' void your warranty.

Practically - if done correctly, your engine will perform much better, run cooler and even get better fuel mileage. None of those attributes contribute to warranty claims.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Read the packing slip that comes with your Lloydz parts. When I got my ATS, a relatively safe mod, it came with a warning that using it "might" affect any warranty. I chose to install it but if I saw piston damage from something like pinging I could reasonably expect Ma Vic to deny my warranty claim. On the other hand if I had a clutch problem, no way would I accept any excuse that I had modified the bike. Ignition timing simply cannot affect the clutch.

Every modification compared to stock carries a risk that something might be impacted and will not be covered by the warranty. You need to actually evaluate the potential damage and resulting repairs and decide if you can do without a warranty aspect that might be impacted by the mod. If you are not willing to give up that part of the warranty, wait until it expires. Doing anything else is foolhardy.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and to Victory. All the advise above is good and makes sense right? I had your thoughts at one time before I did my mods. I came to the conclusion that if My runs like they say it will which is cooler, faster, and TUNED! Then I am more than likely not to need a visit to the dealer. If your dealer is cool and excepts the mods you want to do then you got it made. Just keep in touch and visit them from time to time. Buy a tee shirt and an oil change kit just to show appreciation for them and you should be fine.

BUT AT ALL COST, DO NOT LET ANYONE TOUCH THAT BIKE BUT LLOYDS, RYLAN VIC SHOP, OR KYLE KMC. and you will be a happy man. Now good luck and enjoy that new bike.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone.. I feel a lot better about the work I want to do at lloyds.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
thanks everyone.. I feel a lot better about the work I want to do at lloyds.
Don't forget to list your mods in your signature for future reference. Good luck and welcome! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts