Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this on an X bike? I am thinking about getting one and wanted to know how hard the install was. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Had one installed last Saturday. It was done by Kyle and his right hand man who were at the Rally in Myrtle Beach along with the Lloyd's dyno. Took them about 10 minutes to install and adjust.
Now, for me this would translate into 3 days, 21 hours and 16 minutes......... Not including bandaids.

Very simple.....cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
I installed one on my 2012 CCT, took me about an hour with reading the directions and figuring out what they wanted me to do. All and all, not too bad, just take your time. Now installing a Power Commander V - that was another story. Getting to the injectors, I couldn't do and had to call my mechanic friend. It took him a while and he used some pretty colorful language by the time he was done.
Mike

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed one on my 2012 CCT, took me about an hour with reading the directions and figuring out what they wanted me to do. All and all, not too bad, just take your time. Now installing a Power Commander V - that was another story. Getting to the injectors, I couldn't do and had to call my mechanic friend. It took him a while and he used some pretty colorful language by the time he was done.
Mike
I looked on their web site for install instructions, but didn't find them. Getting to the injectors when I installed the Cobra tuner was the hardest part as well, but takng off the tank made it easier.

How does the IAV work for you?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I put the adjustable iav in when i did my thunder install. Pretty simple although i didnt follow directions so well. Didnt cut the tube shorter like it said and didnt shrink the heat shrink thinking the bike would do that on its first long ride (it didnt)

But once you decipher what the instructions are asking the actual doing is easy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the adjustable iav in when i did my thunder install. Pretty simple although i didnt follow directions so well. Didnt cut the tube shorter like it said and didnt shrink the heat shrink thinking the bike would do that on its first long ride (it didnt)

But once you decipher what the instructions are asking the actual doing is easy.
Thanks Lem. I emailed Lloyd's and they sent me a copy of the install instructions but no pics. Guess I'll figure it out when I get it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Install was very simple. It can be a little tough to get your hands in behind the IAC module to reconnect the lines but just make sure the bike is cold and you will be all good. The only issue I had was routing the line the IAV connects to back up to the intake. It's simple but that was the hardest part. The instructions are very clear and I didn't feel any instructions were really needed. It's self explanatory when you get it apart.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I actually didnt pull that line off because i decided to not cut it short. Fits fine without shortening it imo.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I actually didnt pull that line off because i decided to not cut it short. Fits fine without shortening it imo.
You're right. I cut the line, but I bet had I left it that it would have been fine as you said. Works as advertised for me :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
to be honest, I cant say for sure because I didnt really have the problem before, but I had read in my research that swapping to the ness thunders might cause more popping so I just installed the adjustable IAV at the same time and at 4-5 turns out I seem to have virtually no popping. I also run with my o2 sensors hooked up as normal

·
Registered
239 Posts
So, does the IAV actually get rid of the popping during shifting?
Once you have it adjusted properly .. yes. It takes a little bit of adjustment, trying a couple of different settings, but yet. Mine gets a very occasional (seldom) pop during shifting only when the bike is cold. Smooth as butter once she warms up a little bit.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Once you have it adjusted properly .. yes. It takes a little bit of adjustment, trying a couple of different settings, but yet. Mine gets a very occasional (seldom) pop during shifting only when the bike is cold. Smooth as butter once she warms up a little bit.
And the occasional stall for no apparent reason?

·
Registered
108 Posts
As my signature states, I have RPWs. I also installed an IAV, and can't say that I've noticed much difference with it installed. I'm working with Fuel Moto to fine tune my map to get rid of the popping when I shift. When my bike is warm up, I still get a lot of popping light to light when shifting.
Mike

·
Registered
239 Posts
And the occasional stall for no apparent reason?
Can't say that this cures it because in my first 1600 miles I have never (before or after Lloydz IAV) had my bike stall for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
239 Posts
As my signature states, I have RPWs. I also installed an IAV, and can't say that I've noticed much difference with it installed. I'm working with Fuel Moto to fine tune my map to get rid of the popping when I shift. When my bike is warm up, I still get a lot of popping light to light when shifting.
Mike
How much adjusting of the IAV have you done? From my research here and other nameless forums .. the popping when shifting has much less to do with the fuel map and much more to do with the IAC. When you get the IAV adjusted properly it should virtually elinimate popping, at least mine did after going from 4 turns the 3 1/4.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've played with my IAV quite a bit. It does seem like I had it adjusted too far closed because it was hard to start when cold. I open it up a quarter turn or so and it seems to start fine now, idles at 1,000 rpms. I guess I'm around 3 1/2 turns open right now. But, I'm still getting a lot of intermittent popping when shifting while riding around town. If I'm missing something, please let me know. If I can't get the map closer, I'm starting to think about buying the auto tune module for my power commander. - Mike

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Mike

The popping when letting off the throttle while still in gear has more to do with idle AFR rather then your regular fuel map, thats what the adjustable IAV is for (Not only, but in this instance), to help get the AFR in the exhaust cycle with throttle in the 0 position to the point where there is less detonation from exhaust heat. Unless I totally have my head up my ass and misunderstood the way it works.. that does happen now and again.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I've played with my IAV quite a bit. It does seem like I had it adjusted too far closed because it was hard to start when cold. I open it up a quarter turn or so and it seems to start fine now, idles at 1,000 rpms. I guess I'm around 3 1/2 turns open right now. But, I'm still getting a lot of intermittent popping when shifting while riding around town. If I'm missing something, please let me know. If I can't get the map closer, I'm starting to think about buying the auto tune module for my power commander. - Mike

Out of curiosity do you have your o2 sensors unplugged?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, I do have the O2 sensors disconnected. I disconnected them a while back to try to stop some of the popping, then the instructions that came with my power commander told me to disconnect them as well. - Mike

1 - 20 of 47 Posts