Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I was seriously considering them for my Vegas but I can't justify the cost..especially when the S&S Performance airbox got about as good results...maybe if I was to do a complete engine job....but at almost $600 it just seems to be overboard....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was seriously considering them for my Vegas but I can't justify the cost..especially when the S&S Performance airbox got about as good results...maybe if I was to do a complete engine job....but at almost $600 it just seems to be overboard....
I thought the same thing, but after pulling the trigger it was the right move. if you get them you will not be sorry. they pull hard all the way through the power band. my '06 Kingpin will do better than 110mph in 5th, shift into 6th and it pulls some more. All I have is the Torque Tubes and Stage 1 Drag Pipes. I had the dealer recurve my fuel settings but a fuel controler will be my next step. At sea level these things are totally awesome. The only drawback (and a small one at that) is you can't really use 6th gear till your doing about 70mph. I also have a barn door and tour pack and it still hauls the mail.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
They are a bit pricey, but the performance is excellent, sure don't regret buying them. Plans are to have Lloydz do the cams at daytona, so with a dyno tune really expect them to perform.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You get what you Pay for with Lloydz

·
Registered
35 Posts
Victory desinged thier airbox with torque tubes inside to give the engine bottom end power, if you use an airbox that doesn't have them you will lose that bottom end power. The Llyodz Torque Tubes are desinged to keep that bottom end power, and they work very well. I came real close to getting an S&S air cleaner because of the price difference myself.

It all comes down to what the individual rider wants out of thier ride.

·
Registered
567 Posts
OK...Kevin....tune in here Man....your opinion....? Is the $600 tag worth what you might get out of it...? The S&S performance intake with a good set of pipes should get about 97 HP and around 103 on the torque....thanks............Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts