Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
It's great. Just what I was looking for.
So tell us about it, mac. How was the install? How is the feel? How well can you control/modulate speeds? Inquiring minds want to know. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Love mine as well. Install took me about 20 minutes. If you've changed your own grips before then it should come pretty easy to you. Feels great, can feel/modulate speed with no problems. I hit that extended rev limiter more often now. :Dcheers

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can't get my head around how this works. Could you please explain the installation? Will it work with aftermarket grips?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I can't get my head around how this works. Could you please explain the installation? Will it work with aftermarket grips?
You are over-thinking it... It fits around the throttle sleeve making it larger in diameter, thus taking up more cable in a shorter twist distance.

It requires a bit of grinding in the throttle/switch housing for clearance. If you're scared of the install then pay someone to do it, but it's not rocket surgery.

I've had mine since the last weekend in April and love it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I've just been riding not much time on the board. For me it was a pain to install I probably didn't do it the most logical way.
I'm very pleased with it's function. No change in part throttle drivability/control. WOT comes very quickly at least 1/2 of the old total turn. Most riding up to 3K is probably 10 degrees.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You are over-thinking it...
You're right...I was over-thinking it. It seems simple enough after your explanation. I guess I'll place the order and dig out the Dremel! I'm guessing it's much nicer without having to reposition your grip to hit WOT.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Install took me about 20 minutes. Feels great, can feel/modulate speed with no problems.:Dcheers
I agree with all that except for the time it took. There's precious little throttle cable to spare, had to fully extend cables and even then, I had to coax the cable end into the socket. What a fight. Took over an hour. Synapses between brain and right wrist need a bit of a reflash after 9,000 miles with the old set up, but its all very controllable. Worth the money and effort.thumb up

·
Registered
163 Posts
I understand how this works...My question is...Do you have to replace the grips??? I want to keep my heated grips and when I switched out grips on my HD I had to literally cut one of them off...How do you install the 1/4 turn without destroying the grip??

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I understand how this works...My question is...Do you have to replace the grips??? I want to keep my heated grips and when I switched out grips on my HD I had to literally cut one of them off...How do you install the 1/4 turn without destroying the grip??
It has nothing to do with what grip is on there. It attaches to the throttle sleeve inside the switch housing. Did you see the picture?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Has anyone installed one of these with the factory XCT heated grips? Just wondering how to get enough slack in the grip wiring to slide the grip off the end of the bar.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Has anyone installed one of these with the factory XCT heated grips? Just wondering how to get enough slack in the grip wiring to slide the grip off the end of the bar.
Grip stays on, 1/4 turn ring fits around existing throttle tube were cable nipples sit.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have yet to install mine- But it seems to me that the larger diameter of the insert would equate to a quicker throttle response/per angular movement (pi times diameter and all that math stuff)

m

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guys,

This product is awesome. Be warned, the degree of difficulty depends entirely on the length or lack of it when it comes to your throttle cable. I watched the video about a dozen times and it still took me 2 hrs..... I think I actually stretched the cable. BUT about the time I was ready to say bs, it snapped in. The video does not address cruise control or abs brakes. But those can be worked around. I'd be interested in seeing it done without taking the grip off. It's by far the best bang for your buck I've ever seen. Doesn't make the throttle twitchy a bit. What it does do is make the throttle "responsive".

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1816/victory-motorcycle-parts-performance-quarter-turn-throttle-ring-rubber-grips-sc-570/

·
Registered
530 Posts
It took Rylan about 15 minutes, he was doing everything else so I said sure add that to the list, I like it ...normal grip and twist the throttle where your wrist is about @ 75° and that's full throttle.

I like it and on the newer bikes nothing needs to be ground. It may not work with after market grips,

If you're thinking about installing them on after market grips, I would call Lloydz to ask if they'd fit. thumb up

·
Registered
51 Posts
It took Rylan about 15 minutes, he was doing everything else so I said sure add that to the list, I like it ...normal grip and twist the throttle where your wrist is about @ 75° and that's full throttle.

I like it and on the newer bikes nothing needs to be ground. It may not work with after market grips,

If you're thinking about installing them on after market grips, I would call Lloydz to ask if they'd fit. thumb up
From experience, I got a response from WitchDoctor, ordered it, put it on over a week and a half ago and I still haven't heard from Lloyd's yet. I contacted them first. Just saying.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts