Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 KP that I am thinking of ugrading with the Lloydz 106" Stroker kit, has anyone used this kit? What was your experience and do you think it is worth it, is the bang worth the buck? I welcome all opinions thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with HC...go with bore over stroke. I have an 07 KP and went with Lloyds 104 package. Using the right pipes (RPW Thor), S&S airbox and a PC3 it makes 118 hp / 123 tq.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Subscribed as when mine is out of warranty in June 2014 I'll be getting some kind of bore or stroker kit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Warranty...what's that :)
Well if the previous owner didn't get the huge warranty it'd already be done. However, I'm not going to void the head to toe warranty in case something happens to my engine, tranny, pulley system, etc. It's only 2 more years anyway. Gives me time to save up so I can just pay cash for it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I understand that, what I'm trying to say is I'd rather they pay to put me back to stock, than me pay for stroker or bore kit parts if that breaks.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
How many of you have actually had a warranty claim for an engine issue?

If something besides the engine has a problem, they can't see inside the engine... How can you be denied a claim?

Most engine builds for Victorys (mine too) are very mild and you are not compromising reliability for performance. I ride mine anywhere and everywhere, get great fuel mileage, and never worry about it braking down, and if it did, I wouldn't want some flunkie at a dealership fixing it anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
566 Posts
This is a very interesting topic, that I would love to learn more about.

Cheaper and more effective to go bigger through bore. 104" 107" or 109".
Are these all an option for a 100ci engine or the 106ci?

I can understand doing a bigger bore being cheaper vs also increasing stroke, but what do you mean by more effective? In my mind, coming from the car world, if you're already spending the money, why would you not spend just a little extra and stroke it as well while you're at it for max performance?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
This is a very interesting topic, that I would love to learn more about.

I can understand doing a bigger bore being cheaper vs also increasing stroke, but what do you mean by more effective? In my mind, coming from the car world, if you're already spending the money, why would you not spend just a little extra and stroke it as well while you're at it for max performance?
106 can become a 110 or a 116. Depends on weather you want to stay NikASil or go to sleeves

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Starting with a 100" (102mm stroke) the big bore packages are 104", 107" or 109".
Starting with a 106" (108mm stroke) the same bore sizes give you 110", 114", and 116".

My 104" (103mm bore, 102mm stroke) made 120/130 for HP/TQ. It could be duplicated for $5,000.

My 110" (103mm bore and 108mm stroke) makes 126/134 and would cost close to $7,500 to duplicate.

Oh yeah, go ahead and stroke it! You too can get SIX more horsepower and FOUR more ft/lbs and pay $2500 for it. The 109" big bore would have been marginally more expensive than the 104" and I bet it would out-perform the 110".

There is more to an engine than inches. An oversquare engine (more bore than stroke) with a higher rod to stroke ratio (102mm stroke, instead of a 108mm stroke and 6mm shorter rods) will make a better combination and be less expensive too.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
How many of you have actually had a warranty claim for an engine issue?
I did - the main bearings took a dump on me, that's why it didn't cost anything for labor to get the 116 big bore kit put in mine. Plus, it was done by a Victory dealership so the way I look at it (maybe the wrong way) If something happens, they will fix it. :D

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Bad bearings?

Let me guess bad oil? I know a mix of regular and a few drops of synthetic to make it a blend,ha,ha. :ltr:---------bad joke.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts