Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many posts about oiling and not oiling the Lloydz Hiflow air filter. Seems both are right. I emailed Lloydz and this was the response. I'm posting this with permission from Danny at Lloydz.

"Our filter is dyed. You can clean it with soap & water, rinse from the inside out, let air dry and you’re good to go. The filter needs to be cleaned about every 20K.

This only applies to the XC filters that we’ve sold in the last 2 years. The earlier ones were oiled and they could be cleaned and re-sprayed with the k&n filter kit."

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I don't know which one I have, so I'll keep wondering.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I installed it, but how would I know which model it is? Confession: it is way overdue for servicing. I don't remember exactly how long ago I bought and installed it, but TOO long. I just don't like removing the gas tank.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed it, but how would I know which model it is? Confession: it is way overdue for servicing. I don't remember exactly how long ago I bought and installed it, but TOO long. I just don't like removing the gas tank.
I hear you!! I had a neighbor come over to carefully route the gas line out. I'm taking Danny's word and clean it at 20,000.

If the filter is dyed blue it's the new dry style.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Blue? I didn't see that in your original post. That gives me a possible way to determine which kind it is.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
A short call to Lloydz will remove all doubt. Been here, done that.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
With my TorqueTubes I clean an re-oil
When I contacted K&N requesting service interval they said up to 50,000 miles!
And qualified it by saying when you cant see the mesh on the filters anymore its time to clean.
Admittetly my filters are a damn sight easier to R+R than a Cross bike.
The filter medium may or may not be the same though as theyre the clean and oil they are probably same as the clean and oil type on Cross bikes.
Theres been a theory on here that the KNs filter better with some dirt buildup as theyre almost transparent when held up to the light.

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
That is why i like to have those " socks" but are difficult to find the right size ....

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I can't go 20,000 miles on mine. I check at about 10,000.every other oil change. Maybe it's from the oil, but mine collects a lot of dirt. And it gets pretty dusty here in the desert. And last time I cleaned mine, my mileage had fallen. It went right back up after cleaning and re-oiling.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't go 20,000 miles on mine. I check at about 10,000.every other oil change. Maybe it's from the oil, but mine collects a lot of dirt. And it gets pretty dusty here in the desert. And last time I cleaned mine, my mileage had fallen. It went right back up after cleaning and re-oiling.
Ever 10,000 makes sense here in the desert I just dread removing the gas tank.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just to confuse you more my filter came oiled with blue oil. I just cleaned it today at 10,000 miles and the blue was gone, filter was tan colored. The only reason I cleaned it was my gas mileage dropped.

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
I just oil mine 1 or twice a year ... I color my K&N filter with foodcolor

After cleaning / rince with water / i diproll it in blue foodcolor water / dry it in the sun for a few hours / put the K&N oil on it

Does it work ?? Dunno .... Better then having red filters on a orange bike ... I think HC suggested this last year, cant remember ....

BUT i do not have to remove the tank :sly::D:beer:

Reactions: Pelz
1 - 15 of 15 Posts