Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read previous posts and seen the dyno charts but in practical terms how much power/torque am I going to feel after cams? I ask because I test rode the Indian and wow that was enough torque to get me in potential trouble. Is the cams on the 106 going to provide that type power increase?

Best
JH

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Probably. cheers

·
Registered
234 Posts
Put it this way...with cams, Lloyds air filter, ATS and a proper dyno tune with tri-ovals mine came in at 112/112. With different pipes, i could easily had another 4-6 hp and torque. You will smile every time you twist your wrist.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The 106 will get you in trouble by itself, cams should add nicely to the mayhem.
The 111 and the 106 are very different in power delivery and kind of hard to compare. Well, on paper anyway. HD's seem to have a lot of grunt when riding them, but riding beside them, not so much, the 106 is stronger.

Have fun

·
Registered
168 Posts
If a stock Indian is enough to get you into trouble, stay away from a cammed 106. :) From 3000 rpm up the 106 will accelerate , oh, about twice as hard as the indian. And you will want to do it over and over again.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The 106 will get you in trouble by itself, cams should add nicely to the mayhem.
...I'm counting on it, gonna do the drop-in cams / stage-one / PCV with tune package sometime this year.. Gonna do it all at once.. Gonna just need to hold on for a while is all :D ... thumb up

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Don't do it, you'll probably lose your license in a month or be killed outright :rolleyes:
Haha :D .. I'm old.. Hell ..even advancing the timing by 4 degrees impressed the crap out of me.. I figure, if I can get just a tad more power and tidy up throttle response, I'm gonna have me the scoot I want..

Having said that.. I have issues with moderation.. So.. Never can tell where these things will lead :ltr:

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Figure DR cams, timing wheel, air filter and exhaust average 110/110. Depending on tune and exhaust 117 is in the upper end on XC. Visions have a better intake set up and 120ish is solid expectations.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts