Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2010 X C had lloydz street cams , and power commander and timing gear installed . Already had the lloydz air filter. Will dyno on tues.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Tuesday has come and gone now....how did it go???? Numbers please:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
After installing Lloydz Drop in Cams I noticed that my Valves were a little more noisy. I assume that its just because there is a little more lift causing the valves to land a little more harder on the seats. Got used to the valve noise with Stock engine to where I didn't notice it anymore. Has anyone else noticed this after installing their Cams ?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I had a '78 that I bought new in '78.
Bought mine new in 79. Rode it 500 miles for the breakin, then rode it from Calif, through Or, Wash, and Montana, to Yellowstone WY, UT, NV. and back to Calif, on my first Road Trip. First Road Bike I had, and I loved it.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The torque doesn't drop off much at all. I'm used to looking at HD dyno charts and there's usually a good gap between torque and HP but on these Vics I'm noticing a lot of releative equality. Must be the result of overhead cams and 4 valves per cylinder.
The peak numbers are pretty equal on this combination... in fact it's still building power at 5500 rpm, so if the rev limit was extended it would make closer to 111/111...

·
Registered
218 Posts
The peak numbers are pretty equal on this combination... in fact it's still building power at 5500 rpm, so if the rev limit was extended it would make closer to 111/111...
I rarely see RPM's above 4500 and usually shift by 4000 when getting on it. Typical shift is by 3000. I'd like to see a dyno graph on the 106 engine with the cams Andrews makes for this engine just for comparrison. Andrews has published their cam profile figures. Do you know of anyone who would have that info on Lloyd's VM-1 cams?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I rarely see RPM's above 4500 and usually shift by 4000 when getting on it. Typical shift is by 3000. I'd like to see a dyno graph on the 106 engine with the cams Andrews makes for this engine just for comparrison. Andrews has published their cam profile figures. Do you know of anyone who would have that info on Lloyd's VM-1 cams?
If your bike is stock, it's done at 4500-ish.

Lloyd will not tell you his cam specs except they are .412 lift.
The VM-1 HP and VM-2 cams are .484 lift.

You don't want the .495 Andrews cams unless you have at least 10.5:1 compression.

Isn't it easier to taylor your shift points to the engines power curves than to try and make the power curve match your shifting habbits?

·
Registered
218 Posts
If your bike is stock, it's done at 4500-ish.

Lloyd will not tell you his cam specs except they are .412 lift.
The VM-1 HP and VM-2 cams are .484 lift.

You don't want the .495 Andrews cams unless you have at least 10.5:1 compression.

Isn't it easier to taylor your shift points to the engines power curves than to try and make the power curve match your shifting habbits?
The dyno graph you posted for the other forum member showed results that would work for my shifting style. I just like to compare options but in the Victory world, there's not much of an opprotunity to do so. There are Lloyds mild and Lloyds moderate. I'd like to see something between those two from a lift standpoint but there's so much more to a cam than just lift. I certainly don't need to point that out to someone like you. I'm just curious as to what the VM-1 duration numbers are, what the lobe profile is like (how quick does it ramp up) and so on. My bike is stock aside from some mufflers but a PC-V and Lloyds air kit are on the way. I don't plan to dyno until after I see what a "close" map will do and if I think the bike is strong enough at that point, I'll get it fine tuned and call it good but if I think I'll still add cams, I'll hold out for the dyno tune. I've decided against the auto tune option (for now).

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The dyno graph you posted for the other forum member showed results that would work for my shifting style. I just like to compare options but in the Victory world, there's not much of an opportunity to do so. There are Lloyds mild and Lloyds moderate. I'd like to see something between those two from a lift standpoint but there's so much more to a cam than just lift. I certainly don't need to point that out to someone like you. I'm just curious as to what the VM-1 duration numbers are, what the lobe profile is like (how quick does it ramp up) and so on. My bike is stock aside from some mufflers but a PC-V and Lloyds air kit are on the way. I don't plan to dyno until after I see what a "close" map will do and if I think the bike is strong enough at that point, I'll get it fine tuned and call it good but if I think I'll still add cams, I'll hold out for the dyno tune. I've decided against the auto tune option (for now).
Confused as to your line of questioning. As others have stated, the higher lift requires a high compression which does not exist on these engines without head (or other work). So... unless your planning on doing more than simply cams, you can't actually use anything other than the VM-1 cams. Since Andrews doesn't offer a "milder" cam, its not (really) an option for minor engine work so I don'e see how knowing the duration of a Lloyds product would give you anything to compare them to (since there is no Andrews equivalent). What EXACTLY would you be comparing them too?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Confused as to your line of questioning. As others have stated, the higher lift requires a high compression which does not exist on these engines without head (or other work). So... unless your planning on doing more than simply cams, you can't actually use anything other than the VM-1 cams. Since Andrews doesn't offer a "milder" cam, its not (really) an option for minor engine work so I don'e see how knowing the duration of a Lloyds product would give you anything to compare them to (since there is no Andrews equivalent). What EXACTLY would you be comparing them too?
Just wondering where the Andrews cam falls in complete comparison to the Lloyds options. I'm not interested in any high compression situation. Don't read too much into my posts regarding this topic. I'm just wondering aloud.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Just wondering where the Andrews cam falls in complete comparison to the Lloyds options. I'm not interested in any high compression situation. Don't read too much into my posts regarding this topic. I'm just wondering aloud.
ah, ok then I guess we understand. You can now drop consideration of the Andrews cams then as they REQUIRE additional work. So, essentially until someone else comes along with an alternative, the Lloyds are the ONLY options.

PS - I too had wondered if going with the Andrews cams might be an option but after about .0001 seconds I realized that I did not want the additional engine work in order to use them. Without question they ARE a good solution but like other engine modification offerings so let us know if you hear any differently.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I figured all along that if I wanted cams, they'd be Lloyds VM-1's. I just didn't know where the Andrews option fit other than to know they existed. In the end, longevity and tourability (hours on end comfortably going down the superslab) are more important than anything else and that's exactly what the VM-1's will provide.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
After installing Lloydz Drop in Cams I noticed that my Valves were a little more noisy. I assume that its just because there is a little more lift causing the valves to land a little more harder on the seats. Got used to the valve noise with Stock engine to where I didn't notice it anymore. Has anyone else noticed this after installing their Cams ?
Yes, I distinctly remember that valve train noise was more noticeable after the cam install.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts