Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Lloydz cams and timing wheel last week and got to go for a little ride this weekend. First impressions are great, the bike come out of the hole hard and keeps pulling. I have PC-V and AT so it might take a few more miles to get the tune dialed but it runs smoother the occasional popping is gone. In general the bike sounds different, the exhaust note seem a bit higher and not as raspy. But it will light the tire and pull the front wheel. I don't think my HD buddies are going to like it one bit.. Lol..

I'll probably run it on the Dyno at Street Vibs in Sept. just to see what it's doing.

If any one is on the fence about this mod, it is worth every penny. The install is straight forward thanks to the instructions post on here. I have a lot of mechanical experience (on yellow iron) but I think even a novice could complete this. Thanks phil for the detailed instructions.

·
13,033 Posts
did you change the timing on the PCV when you added Lloydz timing wheel

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you change the timing on the PCV when you added Lloydz timing wheel
Yes I did, I went 0 until 80%-100% then I added 2* asper what read here. It's not pinging so I might play with it some more.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry to hijack thread but how did you hold timing wheel to torque center bolt to 17lbs/ft? I can't hold it to torque it...maybe I'm too weak...

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And how much timing on the weel?

Would love to see your map and tables
+4* on the wheel. When I get a clean map accepted I'll try to post. I was running kinda fat, afr target 13-13.2. Mileage was poor so I bumped it to 13.3-13.5. Need to ride it more and see how it does. First run on the cams and timing wheel the adjustments to the AT didn't take so it was fat on the afr and +2 on the PCV timing from 2500rpm - redline, for a total of +6. It ran ok, bottom end was good but seem a little sluggish on a pull. No pinging but I zeroed to get a better base line for my reference.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hijack thread but how did you hold timing wheel to torque center bolt to 17lbs/ft? I can't hold it to torque it...maybe I'm too weak...
Rear tire on the ground trans in gear should work. I have a air lift the the bike was chocked too. 17fts is not much so you should be able to just put it in gear and hold the rear tire if on a lift.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good stuff, yeah transforms the bike.
DIY thanks to phils instructions and the expertise of the members on here thumb up
Great forum lotta wisdom and knowledge cheers

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
I agree. Well worth the money and time. A regular shade tree mechanic can easily do this project.

Lloydz cams, air filter, and advance timing wheel really wake these bikes up when combined with a PC-V w/AT and freer flowing exhaust. It knocks the EPA right out of the engines. It's just a shame all motor companies are prohibited from selling their products in a way that lets them run so much better.

Really, just the air filter, timing wheel, and some kind of tuning module make a big difference for those concerned about invalidating their warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree. Well worth the money and time. A regular shade tree mechanic can easily do this project.

Lloydz cams, air filter, and advance timing wheel really wake these bikes up when combined with a PC-V w/AT and freer flowing exhaust. It knocks the EPA right out of the engines. It's just a shame all motor companies are prohibited from selling their products in a way that lets them run so much better.

Really, just the air filter, timing wheel, and some kind of tuning module make a big difference for those concerned about invalidating their warranty.
What type of air filter are we talking about?

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
What type of air filter are we talking about?
The Lloydz air filter is best. Just by removing the rubber sound gasket under the tank in front of the air filter will allow a good 30% more air flow. Victory sells a high flow air filter but the Lloydz filter is by far - better. The Lloydz filter will allow 120% more air flow than the stock filter. I'm not sure how much better the Vic high flow filter works but both are reusable for at least 100k miles.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I left my bike in gear and had my son hold the front brake when I torqued mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts