Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some interesting Dyno charts there. I have always read, and believed that a 2 into 1 pipe was better for performance than a 2 into 2 set of pipes. i.e., Road Rage vs. the Vic. Swept pipes. But if you look at the Dyno charts you wont find evidence of it. And these are both from Lloydz....

Bassani Road Rage with Lloydz air box is the first, Vic Swept pipes with Lloydz air box is second...

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
So these numbers actually show that 2into1 gives you more torque (with this specific setup). But a 2into2 gives you more HP. So is there a set that does both? I've read that the Thor 2to1 is one of the best pipes for performance. Id like to see some numbers on those.

Thanks for the post Jayson

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think that's backwards. The 2 into 2 is the second pipe, so the 2 into 1 gave 10 more peak HP. The 2 into 1 developed less peak torque and it makes less torque initially, however it develops torque longer in the RPM range which means it will run on the top end.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The Bassani is not a good pipe for torque. The Thor 2-1 is better on the bottom end and midrange... and unless you're shooting for 135+ HP it won't give up any horsepower to the Bassani either.

05-07 106 inch Stroker w/Bassani 2-1 Short, 495 Cams, HOH-Rev Extend, 3 Angle Valve Job, 11.0:1 comp:

05-07 106 inch Stroker w/RPW Thor, 495 Cams, Ported Heads, 10.5:1 Comp.

NOTE: Less compression on the Thor graph... no rev limiter extend.

I can tell you from experience that the Thor makes higher average torque across the tach than any of the following:
Bassani Road Rage
RPW Slash (SlashNess)
Victory Performance long drags
Victory Performance Shotguns

If the weather doesn't crap out on me, I'll have a new tune and dyno graph on April 28th.... for both my 110" and for Joe's 104"... both with Thor pipes.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Hey crazy, you have alot of knowledge about performance products. You show proof that the rpw makes a little more usable street power than the bassani pipe. I know Performance is important, but how is the exhaust sound of these pipes? Which do you prefer? Or would you just take the better performing pipe even if you didnt like the sound.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I know Performance is important, but how is the exhaust sound of these pipes? Which do you prefer?
The Bassani is trashy sounding. The Thor has a thumpy sound like a glasspack.

Either pipe is quiet at idle and cruise, they only get loud when you're in it. The Thor sounds great all the time and doesn't make all the gurgling and swooshing sounds you get with the Bassani.

Bassani has redesigned the rear head pipe and it sticks out pretty far where your leg is. On mine, (the older version) the megaphone dragged on the ground before the footpeg feeler touched. I wish I had never bought that Bassani. Should have bought the Thor 2 sets of pipes ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts