Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the new air filter and there is a lot more noise especially noticed at idle. I expected some increase but is this normal on a cross bike? Timing wheel going on tomorrow after a ride in Mid Tennessee. Cams hopefully in the near future.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Nice right ? A bit of extra breeding is always good for a fat girl .... ATS good job makes the ride smooth

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
I just installed the new air filter and there is a lot more noise especially noticed at idle. I expected some increase but is this normal on a cross bike? Timing wheel going on tomorrow after a ride in Mid Tennessee. Cams hopefully in the near future.
Just bought one should be here end of next week.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love a good breeding. There are a couple of local groups riding to Lynchburg tomorrow where they distill that fire water. It's a nice bunch of riding. My wife complains of her tush getting sore. I suppose from lack of a good cushy saddle. Anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket seats for these bikes?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I have not experienced any increase in intake noise when I installed my Lloydz AF. My bike runs like a scalded cat, why would you want to go to the expense and trouble of cams? Install the timing wheel and see what that does for ya. If you still have the stock pipes you'll want to improve the air out, now that you improved the air in. The two go together.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Lloyds recommended to put in a fuel controller with the air filter for my bike, I experienced a bit of popping after adding the filter and ATS. I now have the PCV on there and it runs beautiful.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I could definitely hear the intake much much more with the lloydz AF. My exhaust is stock at this point, so there is not a lot to hear other than the intake...If you want to reallly have some fun, really wind it up through 2nd, 3rd, & 4th when you get on the interstate. :D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I just installed the new air filter and there is a lot more noise especially noticed at idle.
PERFECTLY NORMAL ! These are the noisiest engines on the planet . Anything you add to them just makes more noise / resonance .

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Oh what a beautiful noise!!!

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Töo much sugar in that stuff.
Im sweet enough.
Got pinged $392 for alleged speeding this arvo!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
PERFECTLY NORMAL ! These are the noisiest engines on the planet . Anything you add to them just makes more noise / resonance .
Somewhere I read...Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. I'm certain it was referring to vehicle exhaust sounds.thumb up

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Töo much sugar in that stuff.
Im sweet enough.
Got pinged $392 for alleged speeding this arvo!
Every speed here in Oregon has been politically set by the state legislature, counties or cities, which goes against federal guidelines. Those guidelines dictate that to establish a safe speed, a traffic survey must be taken to determine the 85th percentile of traffic speed and round up to the nearest five. That is; if the 85th percentile is 66 mph, then that road is to be posted at 70 mph.
I can assume that may also be the case in Australia. If it is, under discovery, learn when the last survey was taken and if its a long time ago (here it has to be every two years) or if there never was one. If you find that there was a survey and the 85th % was significantly higher that the posted speed, you can fight the ticket based on it being an illegal underposted speed. If there was no survey, then its an illegal speed. That's how I fight my tickets and win, cuz judges know this.
Good luck.cheers

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
limit on the straight section of road where I was allegedly clocked at 114kph is 80kph.
Thing is I wasn't pulled over until 14 kms (8.6 miles) from where he rader'd me.
Said I must've been doing considerably faster than what he clocked me at as it took him so long to catch me,
It was an unmarked turbocharged police car and I had no idea he was following me.
First I knew he was behind me was when I looked in my mirror just before turning off into another road.
Its a nice 14 kms stretch of sweeping bends and straights very popular with bikes and a couple of weeks ago 2 motorcyclists were killed on that stretch.
He claims he got me when travelling towards me, theres no license plate on the front of a bike.
If it was me he clocked it sounds ridiculous it took 14 kms ,a bit over 8 miles to catch me when I had no idea he was chasing me!
I cant see how he can even prove that it was me..I think Ill be taking this to court

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
One should take EVERY ticket to court, then fewer would be issued due to the backlog that would create.
So yours is a radar cite...all the better. In court, ask when the last calibration was done and to see the report. If the cop doesn't produce, then the accuracy of the device is in question.
If this piece of road is in a remote and rural setting, 80kph seems underposted to me. That line he used about catching up with you is a tired old piece of cop bullcrap. Maybe a forum member who is an honest LEO in traffic can chime in here.
If there were other motorcycles with you, then I think he simply selected you. If there was a larger vehicle nearby (car or truck) then the radar got that. Radar selects the largest target, not the closest or fastest. So you might have gotten the cager's ticket.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts