Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all owners of Victory. I also have a CR Victory 2012 Classic, I'm Russian living in Estonia. Just like many bikers, I replaced some parts, mufflers, filter, installed Power Commander, and other details. But I have a problem during the installation of the Lloyd'z Idle Air valve. Somebody can post photos already installed valve, and write recommendations?
Thank you for your understanding, I hope to find the answer in your comments.
Serge.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What is the install issue you are having? I don't have any pictures but may be able to help as I have installed this before on two bikes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Remove fuel tank, cheese wedges, IAC bracket, IAV has 2 O rings you put on, IAC has 3 connections, 2 small tubes and 1 larger middle tube, 3 tubes connect to IAC using 3 way rubber connecter, remove rubber connecter and carefully cut out the larger middle connecter, cut 1/2" off and keep, keep and re-use 2 smaller rubber connections, hold IAC bracket against bike to make sure IAV adjusting screw is under IAC in order to adjust when fitted, lube O ring side of IAV and carefully push into middle nipple of IAC, fit the larger middle shaped plastic tube into the opposite side of IAV and slide heat shrink over, this is the tricky bit:rolleyes: fasten IAC bracket with IAV on engine and route larger middle shaped tube through engine so it can be tie wrapped to LHS cheese wedge bracket, with plastic tube being shaped make a mark on IAV so if it moves when removing it to heatshrink, when happy with routing of shaped plastic tube remove IAC bracket and apply heat to shrink down on plastic tube and IAV, re-route plastic tube through engine, connect 2 smaller tubes on IAC, IAV is in the middle, fasten IAC bracket, 1/2" piece of tube place on end of shaped plastic tube and use insulation tape to stop it falling into small filter, tie wrap filter end of tube, the other small fiter goes on engine breather pipe, place filter next to breather pipe and mark breather were your gonna cut if you have to, make sure fuel tank doesnt squash filter.
Mine is a 2010 vegas with torque tubes fitted.
I bought a piece of flexible tube the same size as the hard shaped plastic tube and used that instead, easier to route through engine and tie wrap to bracket.
Hope this helps, i found instructions confusing :confused:
Good luck :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the install issue you are having? I don't have any pictures but may be able to help as I have installed this before on two bikes.
Hi roboots21! Thanks for reply! The only thing I did not understand at what place should be installed this valve, on the left side of the motorcycle under the fuel tank? That's why I wanted to see the picture.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Remove fuel tank, cheese wedges, IAC bracket, IAV has 2 O rings you put on, IAC has 3 connections, 2 small tubes and 1 larger middle tube, 3 tubes connect to IAC using 3 way rubber connecter, remove rubber connecter and carefully cut out the larger middle connecter, cut 1/2" off and keep, keep and re-use 2 smaller rubber connections, hold IAC bracket against bike to make sure IAV adjusting screw is under IAC in order to adjust when fitted, lube O ring side of IAV and carefully push into middle nipple of IAC, fit the larger middle shaped plastic tube into the opposite side of IAV and slide heat shrink over, this is the tricky bit:rolleyes: fasten IAC bracket with IAV on engine and route larger middle shaped tube through engine so it can be tie wrapped to LHS cheese wedge bracket, with plastic tube being shaped make a mark on IAV so if it moves when removing it to heatshrink, when happy with routing of shaped plastic tube remove IAC bracket and apply heat to shrink down on plastic tube and IAV, re-route plastic tube through engine, connect 2 smaller tubes on IAC, IAV is in the middle, fasten IAC bracket, 1/2" piece of tube place on end of shaped plastic tube and use insulation tape to stop it falling into small filter, tie wrap filter end of tube, the other small fiter goes on engine breather pipe, place filter next to breather pipe and mark breather were your gonna cut if you have to, make sure fuel tank doesnt squash filter.
Mine is a 2010 vegas with torque tubes fitted.
I bought a piece of flexible tube the same size as the hard shaped plastic tube and used that instead, easier to route through engine and tie wrap to bracket.
Hope this helps, i found instructions confusing :confused:
Good luck :)
Hi glassback! Thanks for helping!
I tried to do the same way, but I found that the diameter of the middle rubber hose and IAV nipple do not fit together . I was in doubt. This means as you wrote, the final location of the IAV should be on the right side of the motorcycle? Just behind the IAC, the IAV should be directly connect to an IAC. Right?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi glassback! Thanks for helping!
I tried to do the same way, but I found that the diameter of the middle hose is not the same as the diameter of the IAV nipple. I was in doubt. This means as you wrote, the final location of the IAV should be on the right side of the motorcycle? Just behind the IAC, the IAV should be directly connect to an IAC. Right?
You are correct. Directly behind the IAC. This picture should help .. final location after all is installed .. you can see the knob in the middle of the picture:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Serge,
I have installed that valve, but it was so long ago, I am not remembering much. I do recall that you do not need to remove the tank, but you must remove the bracket that holds the cheese wedge for better access. Once you have removed the old valve, you connect the three tubes to the new valve.
When the new valve is in place, turn the screw in (clockwise) just until it stops. Then turn it counter-clockwise 4 turns. Ride the bike and if corrections are needed, do them a 1/4 turn at a time.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi, i removed the 2 smaller outside tubes as well from the IAC that go to each end of throttle body. I connected them to IAC then fed them through engine gap, found it easier that way. Fitted Torque Tubes same time :)
Theres no old valve to remove Ricz, IAV is the valve you fit to the existing IAC to adjust the idle air intake thumb up

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Hi, i removed the 2 smaller outside tubes as well from the IAC that go to each end of throttle body. I connected them to IAC then fed them through engine gap, found it easier that way. Fitted Torque Tubes same time :)
Theres no old valve to remove Ricz, IAV is the valve you fit to the existing IAC to adjust the idle air intake thumb up
Thanks for the reminder--ol' chemo brain struck again. There was something there, what was it? A T fitting? :crzy:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Ricz,
the i/4 turn adjustments continue counter clockwise ?
thank you
Chemo brain does it again! Sorry--the 1/4 turn corrections, to reduce popping, are clockwise. :crzy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys, thank you for your help. I have an installed valve. First impressions are positive, :)the engine noise less, and no backfiring Thanks again to all who responded.cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good stuff!
were did you mount small IAV filter?
Hi glassback! A really good product. About what filter are you talking about. Set that I got from Lloyds did not include a filter. The instructions also indicated nothing about the filter?:confused:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good stuff!
were did you mount small IAV filter?
Only the older steel framed bikes use the filter. The cross bikes (and maybe the vision?) have an inlet to the bottom of the frame near the intake for the IAC.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Counterclockwise turns make the bike easier to start. There seems to be a fine line with these Idle Air Valves. Turn it too much clockwise the bike won't start when cold without holding the throttle a little bit. But will pop more.

My PC5 and Auto tune have pretty much tuned my bike so the Idle Air Valve isn't needed much. So I have turned my IAV out several turns to make sure the bike stays running when cold. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts