Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is Lloyd'z Idle Air Valve for? I'm looking at some add-on's and wondering if it's necessary .

·
Registered
427 Posts
It helps with backfire as the standard iav isn't adjustable. From what I've read most people don't see to much difference with it but I haven't tried it so I can't really give you a good assessment. I'm sure someone will chime in that has it or has used it.

·
13,251 Posts
Go to Lloydz web pag and read about it. look at how to instal while your there

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Supposedly helps with lean stall. I assume thus is when the bike stumbles sometimes just off idle.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I had one on a Jackpot and it really helped with popping on that bike so I kept it when I traded it in for the XC and never felt a need to install it on the XC so far. Just didn't have the same problem the JP had. Contrary to popular belief; the steel frame bikes and the touring/bagger Vics are tuned and run different.

·
Registered
251 Posts
cams

When I has my cams installed by Rylan i was gong to have it installed because I had a ton of popping with the ness honkers on my Vision with just the stage one download. Rylan said it would not be needed. He was correct. After he installed the cams and tuned the bike it has not popped in the 2000 miles since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installed one on my 08 Vegas. My intent was to improve the off idle throttle response (stalling) and reduce the popping and backfire. After quite a bit of fiddling (adjusting) it, my take on it is this - marginally effective. A slight improvement in the off idle throttle response, not much reduction in the popping and backfiring. You mileage may vary!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I read the install instructions and got a little better understanding of it. I don't have the popping issue that's what I got out of it the most.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just put it on my jackpot, seems to be doing everything it's supposed to do. I still get the occasional pop but nothing like prior to install.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I hear it's supposed to increase responsiveness or feel smoother when pulling out from a stop. Any insight into this?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Did nothing for my popping , I ran the bike with it adjusted every 1/4 turn from start to finish ... I think I'm going to shell out the money and ride down to KMC and get a tune . I becoming a believer in the professional tune and no one better then Kyle . My advice , save the money from the IAC valve and put it towards a PCV and a tune !

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I think I'm going to shell out the money and ride down to KMC and get a tune . I becoming a believer in the professional tune and no one better then Kyle . My advice , save the money from the IAC valve and put it towards a PCV and a tune !
Is he in Westerly, RI? He's so close! Then again, I could go right to Lloydz place in NY too...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Is he in Westerly, RI? He's so close! Then again, I could go right to Lloydz place in NY too...
About 100mi for me , and I believe he is personally recommended by Lloyd , and actually does a lot of tunes for Lloyd .

·
Registered
477 Posts
Consensus for me was that it helped, like I said, I rarely get a pop with it anymore and may be able to fine tune that out, Idk. Maybe guys that have heavier mods may have more trouble getting it perfect is may not be able to without a good tune. My bike is only a stage 1 bike so not much to that really.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put on one at the same time as i had my airbox done, didn't notice any difference i could put down to it alone. but at least i have the option for fiddling with it as i continue to change the big girl for the sake of a few bucks. Closest reliable dyno is 600km away...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just added an IAV to my Hammer along with the Torque Tubes (it is kinda required when you add that intake). I noticed that on closed throttle deceleration, that annoying engine surge when RPM drops to 2000 RPM is gone for the most part. All I have now is a smooth predictable idle. It also helped me to relocate the IAC up and under the tank and clean up the appearance of the engine (no Cheese Wedge anymore).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts