Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bit the bullet and purchased a PTS. Installed it in 25 minutes, added a customized map to my PCV (MAP was from Mr GREER himself). Holy crap... makes a bit of a difference. I don't notice as much popping on decel either.

I can only imagine what these things do to stock motors!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Best deal

Best bang for the buck I feel personally. Most people seem pleased with them..... You are talking of the timing wheel I hope?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well not quite. I will need a back rest to keep from flying off when I accelerate. Next will be a new rear shock, and a seat.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
when did ATS become PTS
It has been back and forth a few times on this forum. Although the official name is ATS (Adjustable Timing System)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Rear shock?

So Rootzee how many miles have you got on your rear shock? My XR has 36K+ miles and to me the rear shock is crap. Just wondering. Crazy I just did the front fork seals last weekend also, the left side was leaking and it was past due for the oil change in the forks.:crzy:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I got about 9000 miles on it. I want to replace it more for comfort than anything. As for functionality, it works great. I just want something a little more spine friendly.

VisionJohnny, While on the website the header is Adjustable Timing System, the description and part # say PTS (following is an excerpt from the the site)

"Precision Timing System ...

When ordering the PTS-08, we highly recommend replacing the Cam Cover gasket at this time (sold seperately).

The PTS-07 requires different components. Please see our install guides for more information. All parts required to install our timing gears are available at your local Victory dealer.

HOH-PTS-08: Fits '
HOH-PTS-07: Fits '"

I should also note that the paperwork that came with the gear also calls it the Precision Timing System as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts