Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
471 Posts
Just installed one yesterday. Huge improvement over the stock setup. Is it just a "1/4" turn to WOT. Not really but makes a great improvement in ride-ability.

Go for it you will like it ...

IMHO

Bob

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Installed this on my dads bike a few months ago. It makes a huge difference and I love it, as does he. I will be installing it on my bike come spring. I'd say after installation there is a bit more than a quarter turn from closed to wide open. It really isn't touchy at all. It just takes a little getting used to to re learn where you put your hand when cruising.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
you can make one out of a pvc coupler for about $1. Like said it doesnt go from closed to wot in 1/4 turn, i think it lessens the total by about 1/4 though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Probably more like '1/4 turn reduction' ....

Not 'touchy' at all ..... I really only slightly notice it when 1st taking off .... my house is at the end of a gravel road, and I have to be very gentle on the throttle to avoid kicking up rocks in 1st gear .... requires just a little more finesse ...other than that I really don't notice it much.....until I whack the throttle to wide open and my wrist hasn't changed much positioning...

I like it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Night and day difference!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Like dtmml has posted , MAKE your own. Google PVC mod or Zip tie mod , works exactly the same for a quarter of the cost. Between my last 3 bikes and the Hammer I have easily rode 75000 kms with a homemade PVC modded throttle .

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldn't be bothered to fab my own up when it the cost of goods is only $20... I would probably spend a half day building the damn thing! It would hardly be a savings then...

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I couldn't be bothered to fab my own up when it the cost of goods is only $20... I would probably spend a half day building the damn thing! It would hardly be a savings then...

Seeing you live in Alberta, your more looking at $35-40 by the time it gets to your place. Only takes probably 30 mins to make and let the glue dry, either way it's a good mod!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
My mpg dropped and I blame the 1/4 throttle ring. Yup, now I hammer the crap out of it constantly!! Actually I was worried it would be too touchy with the cruise set. Nope, works like a champ and you don't have to roll your arm half way around the bar. I did notice. Was inducing popping n decel dropping closed too quick. Great accy

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
The Vic Shop installed my Lloyds 1/4 turn throttle ring. I love it. I have read where some have had issues after the installation though. Very likely due to improper installation. If the cables aren't correctly adjusted, you'll likely have iissues. If it's installed correctly, you'll have no issues. Quite the opposite, you'll love it!

Can't imagine trying to build your own when the Lloyds one is only $19.95. IMHO, Victory owners should support Lloyd and the merchants who sell his products.

YMMV,

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Im all for supporting lloyd and i have and will continue to, but something i can make that cost me $.99 plus very little time vs. $19+ shipping which would be another $7-8 and waiting a week just isnt what i have time or money for.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good on you for building your own! I only fabricate what I absolutely have to... I am very good at it, but am way to anal and it ends up taking me forever. Lloydz probably isn't going to miss the money from the odd guy building his own, however if too many do it they may stop building the product.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im all for being creative and making stuff myself but when you talking about proper throttle operation I wouldn't risk it to save pennies. I can picture a PVC ring wearing over time and possibly jamming. I installed the Lloydz in minutes. love the response, moving on to the next project cheers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Did you try searching for pvc mod? Or homeade 1/4 turn throttle? There are some good step by steps out there, way better then i can explain.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts