Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I seen Rylan posted this on FB. It's a good video, should answer alot of questions for the guys worried about installing it.
This video should be a STICKY!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I hear many folks say that the floorboard should be suspended and jot just hung from the brake hose. Is that not really a concern?

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I hear many folks say that the floorboard should be suspended and jot just hung from the brake hose. Is that not really a concern?
I think its a good idea, Broggy. What if something is dropped on it or one slips and leans hard on it? Gotta think of the "what ifs."

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
For the record, when I work on mine, I suspend the floorboard with a bungee cord from the grip.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I saw the video on Facebook too, Rylan did a good job. I'm glad Visionjohnny posted it here. I found it amusing when someone commented the gains didn't justify the cost of the timing wheel, Rylan quickly shut him down pointing out the price range of "other options" that produce similar results. Lloyd hit a home run with this part.

Tech23

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'm glad this video was posted as well, probably gonna put one on sometime this summer. I still don't really understand the wire he mentioned and others have talked about that is easily broke. Is the wire on the inside of the cover itself?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Missing

Nice video but wheres the loctite on the timing wheel bolt.
When I fitted mine i used a new bolt which comes with loctite on it reusing old bolt requires two drops of loctite or so I thought.
Correct me if i am wrong.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I'm glad this video was posted as well, probably gonna put one on sometime this summer. I still don't really understand the wire he mentioned and others have talked about that is easily broke. Is the wire on the inside of the cover itself?
The wire is the timing sensor that reads the wheel. It sits in a specially-shaped grommet in the side of the wheel cover. If it falls out of place and you don't notice it, you can/will pinch these wires and could cut them right off. Mine fell out, but I was lucky enough to notice it before I tried putting the cover back on.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Great video. Just bought my wheel yesterday. Can't wait for the snow to melt!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Just installed timing wheel today, took about 30 min. Set on 4 deg. can really tell a difference. May try bumping up to 6 deg. but worth the time and money.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice video but wheres the loctite on the timing wheel bolt.
When I fitted mine i used a new bolt which comes with loctite on it reusing old bolt requires two drops of loctite or so I thought.
Correct me if i am wrong.
You're correct. The FSM calls for 2 drops of Loctite 262 and 17 ft-lbs (23 Nm) of torque.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
So basically you can set this to 4 degree timing with no worries. My bike is completely stock. I'm waiting for warranty to run out before I do to much.
Thinking 4 degrees was a conservative setting, I set mine at 5 and got amazing results. Figuring if 5 was good, what would 7 do? A little better, so left it there. You can increase the timing until you get pinging and then back it off. One guy here is at 8 with no pinging, even when he tried regular! Sez it runs better on premium tho. Each bike's engine is different, so you'll have to experiment.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
...One guy here is at 8 with no pinging, even when he tried regular!...
That guy needs to replace his hearing aid batteries. :ltr:

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Maybe having a PCV with AT helped him. I'm sticking to 7+ and premium. No ethanol when I can get it, which is most the time at home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts