Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna buy one of these for my new Arlen Ness slashness pipes and was wondering if anyone uses this tuner and if so what they have been running for settings?? Any help would be great....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bike is a 2007 kingpin with vented airbox cover and k&n filter. Almost sure it either needs a remap or tuner for this setup so it doesn't run lean.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Unless you plan on tearing into the engine or adding nitrous you don't need the tuner.

If you are going to purchase the VFC get the VFCII the VFCIII is basically a step up for racing fuel and nitrous.

All you need is the 05 Hammer drag pipe download. Victory part #4011322

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well instead of wasting money on the download or remap at dealer im just gonna buy the vfc III to add fuel to existing map. Then if i do more mods i'll be set. I was just wondering what people had theres set at if they had a tuner..with similar setup.

Thanks

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Each bike is different. Lloyd can give you a base but its dependent on your bike.

I have put same exact year model bikes on a dyno with the same mods and the HP and TQ vary up to 10hp and TQ.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Diamond, I see in a lot of threads here the 05 hammer download. I too am going for slash-ness or santa rosa pipes, wondering why the 05 download. Is it the only download or perhaps the best one? Also off subj. alittle, in need of good websites to find pipes other than ebay.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Diamond, I see in a lot of threads here the 05 hammer download. I too am going for slash-ness or santa rosa pipes, wondering why the 05 download. Is it the only download or perhaps the best one? Also off subj. alittle, in need of good websites to find pipes other than ebay.
hit up santa rosa vee twin or conquest customs they both have a pipe similar to the slashness and santa rosa's minus the power robbing traits they both share. i believe that the 05 download had a heavier aspiration but i'm not sure kevin can clarify that.

websites- conquestcustoms.com

santarosaveetwin.com

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Mate i believe the 05 hammer is the best because the 05 was the only only that didnt have cats....therefore doesnt preform the fuel shut to clean cats which causes the poping, stalling etc when after market pipes with out cats are fitted.
This is what i have read several times anyway.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Hi Mate i believe the 05 hammer is the best because the 05 was the only only that didnt have cats....therefore doesnt preform the fuel shut to clean cats which causes the poping, stalling etc when after market pipes with out cats are fitted.
This is what i have read several times anyway.

+1thumb up

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, the 05 download should be a standard with the dealer then? probably should ask for it anyway. I really would like pipes that reach back to the rear axle. Thanks for the sites, see what I can find.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dude!! There is no way that was your bike. What a transformation! I see pics with your latest pipes (shotgun correct?). I assume with the 05 upgrade, yes? I think I will go that route. It would have to be yours, gotta start somewhere. So you feel that the 05 hammer download is the best way as opposed to loyds or others?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im gonna buy one of these for my new Arlen Ness slashness pipes and was wondering if anyone uses this tuner and if so what they have been running for settings?? Any help would be great....
I went with the Lloydz VFCIII so I could tune the bike for my riding style and to keep from remapping incase I changed any stage 1 components or jumped up to stage 2.

The AN slashness pipes with a intake will have the bike running real lean unless you remap or program with the VFC.

I called Lloyd, explained my mods, and he gave me an excellent suggestion for a starting point on the settings....I tweeked from there to get the performance I wanted.

Lloyd was real responsive. I had a email and phonecall from him within a day after reaching out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went with the Lloydz VFCIII so I could tune the bike for my riding style and to keep from remapping incase I changed any stage 1 components or jumped up to stage 2.

The AN slashness pipes with a intake will have the bike running real lean unless you remap or program with the VFC.

I called Lloyd, explained my mods, and he gave me an excellent suggestion for a starting point on the settings....I tweeked from there to get the performance I wanted.

Lloyd was real responsive. I had a email and phonecall from him within a day after reaching out.

Yeah i tried calling him and all i ever get is some lady on the other end, she says he will call but hasn't yet.

I was wondering if you could give me exact numbers for the different colors on your tuner. Im just curious.

Thanks

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Dude!! There is no way that was your bike. What a transformation! I see pics with your latest pipes (shotgun correct?). I assume with the 05 upgrade, yes? I think I will go that route. It would have to be yours, gotta start somewhere. So you feel that the 05 hammer download is the best way as opposed to loyds or others?
Thank you. Yeah that was the week after I purchased her! I'm still doing things to her. Its like a drug man!!! LOL:crzy::ltr:

I forgot to mention that the 05 Hammer download can be used with Vic pipes if you take the catcons out. I replaced mine with Big City Thunder baffles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah i tried calling him and all i ever get is some lady on the other end, she says he will call but hasn't yet.

I was wondering if you could give me exact numbers for the different colors on your tuner. Im just curious.

Thanks
Did you try emailing him? anyway :)

I originally wanted the Basani 2>1 but they kept placing me on backorder so I went with the Ness 2>1. Given my setup here are the numbers on the VFC III:

Green 4 Yellow 4 Red 4.5 Yellow / Blue 6 Red/ Blue 5
Green/ Blue leave that one alone

Remember if you go with diff pipes or intake your numbers will be different.

I tweek these (green, yellow) by half a point here and there usually as the season changes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts