Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat thread but I can't find anything similar. Anyone using the vfc with straight pipes? If so what are your setting? Mine is running really rich.

I have a 2009 Vegas Low with a k&n filter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
286 Posts
Email Lloyd...might take a day or two to respond but he will usually email you back with some suggested settings...
The settings included with the VFC are a good starting point for your set up

·
Registered
931 Posts
Give me a sec I can give you my settings. I'm stage 1 k&n with stage 1 flash. I got them from the vic shop. Almost 0 popping.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Ok these are my settings given by The Vic shop from a phone call with that dude, forget his name.
G 1.5
Y 1
R 0
G/B 0
Y/B 7
R/B 7

His explanation for these settings being. Having the stage 1 flash along with K&N filter with Stage 1 pipes. The VFC shouldn't really be needed so he went with suggesting a slightly idle circuit. Of course he said to play with the G if needed

·
Registered
361 Posts
Here's what I had for basic starting point setting for different setups from Lloyd:

Stage 1 Exhaust No Download K&N Air Filter
G--- Y --- R----G/B --- Y -- R/B
3 - 3.5 -- 3.5 -- 0 --- 3.5 -- 1

Stage 1 Exhaust Stock Air Box
G---- Y -- R---G/B --- Y -- R/B
3.5 - 4 -- 2 -- 0 --- 3.5 -- 0

Stage 1 Exhaust with open air box
3.5 - 4 -- 2 -- 0 --- 3.5 -- 2

Stage 1 open air box & Cams
3 --- 3 --- 6 -- 0 --- 6.5 -- 3

·
Registered
931 Posts
Aren't those values for ya rb kinda low except for the 6.the lower the number the sensitive, meaning more fuel seems excessive to me.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I see. The day contacted the vic shop Lloyds got back to me too. His settings were more extreme in comparison and basically what I was running before. Too much popping and frequent backfires. So, i went these. I haven't tweaked them yet, but i think it's a better foundation for s1 flash, exhaust and k&n

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed the LLoydz IAV and it elinitated a lot if not most of the popping and backfiring. I still need to fine tune it but sounds/runs a lot better. Pretty sweet product and crazy easy to install.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am running the IAV with my Vegas. Also running the freedom pipes and open air box with my VFC-III. Would you guys recommend the stage 1 flash too. I can't seem to get the popping and backfiring to stop. I still have a touch if surging with the green at 3.5. But the more green I give it, the more the popping occurs. Frustrating to say the least.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts