Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up installing the Ness Big Sucker (V-5153) on my '12 Vegas. I have been trying different settings on the tuner and was wondering what others were running. Currently have Freedom exhaust installed as well.

I was running the pipes with just the VFC with no issues at all, but with the new airbox, I am getting a higher idle (~1050) than stock. Is this normal with an airbox upgrade?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It did come with instructions. I am currently running 3.5/4/2/0/3.5/2, but I am still getting a little bit of popping, just curious what others are running.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1365031958.839146.jpg
I have played with this screw a good bit with not luck of slowing down the idle.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The idle is "non adjustable" on the 08+ bikes. It should not need adjustment. My experience is that you'll open a can of worms when you start dicking with it.
More than likely you have an air leak or you unplugged the IAV and it's not reset properly. Or both. And now a possibly misadjusted throttle setting.
An air leak may explain the excessive popping too. Your settings do seem a bit rich too.

·
Registered
931 Posts
There is a procedure to reset the iav, but i don't remember it off the top of my head. Try Google that, I'll look when I get home.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Lloydz's site should have the manual for download I believe.. At least they do for the VFC as I wanted to read up.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
to reset the IAV you unplug it...let sit for a minute or two then plug back in and start the bike...shut bike back off and listen for the air shudder...you are going to want to cycle the bike a couple or more times to make sure the IAV is adjusted...some setups never get rid of the pop.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found this on another thread, figured it would help sone of you. With all the adjusting I've been doing, going to give this a try myself. Also, will be ordering the IAV and the Lloydz gaskets to fix the popping. When I am done, the popping should be gone, fingers crossed. If not, I have no clue what to do then. Thanks for all the advice.

"The KevinX system for dialing in a VFCIII"

These are guidelines I got from KevinX at Gainesville Polaris to dial in a VFCIII. As you all know, all bikes are different, so take these as guidelines and not cold hard facts. In other words, if you can’t get your bike dialed in using these guidelines, don’t blame KevinX. It is also strongly suggested you study the instructions that come from Lloyds about the VFCIII. These guidelines assume you have a full understanding of what Lloyd wrote in those instructions.

Start with all the setting off or to the left.

Find a nice clear “closed course” to do the settings on.

GREEN: Run steady at 30 mph in second gear. Add fuel to the green until the surging stops, then add one full point.

YELLOW: Run steady at 30 mph in second gear. Smack the throttle and concentrate on the acceleration feel. You should notice it getting better as you add yellow. Keep adding yellow until the acceleration feels mushy, then back off one full point from that setting.

RED: Generally green plus one full point. If you want to play with it beyond that, try running at 60 mph in third gear. Do a hard roll on and concentrate on the way it pulls and how hard it pulls.

GREEN-BLUE: Leave off. If you have read Lloyd’s instructions you know what this setting does and if you need it or not. *** This setting is used when Nitrous Oxide is going to be used. It will dump a butt-load of fuel into the engine when the nitrous oxide system is activated.***

RED-BLUE: Generally 2.5 to 3.

YELLOW-BLUE:Generally 2.5 to 3."

As with everything, please follow the instructions supplied by Lloydz and if you're still uncertain, give them a call.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts