Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Kingpin with 4100 miles. I purchased the bike last summer. The only mod was Victory Swept pipes. I contacted Lloydz in order to get rid of the popping while decelerating. It was recommended I get a fuel modulator, IAV and advanced timing wheel. While making the upgrade I decided torque tubes would be nice in order to get a few more horses. I also went with the PCV thinking I may one day replace the cams.
After the install and dyno the results are disappointing. I honestly don’t feel any difference in performance. I still have the popping. The dyno results came up with 83 hp and 103 lbs./torque. The mechanic was Kyle Crandall of KMC Motorsports. Great mechanic/person! He tried real hard to squeeze out more but concluded the pipes are holding me back. So I’ll start saving some money for next year and do my homework researching pipes.

·
Registered
690 Posts
What was the #s before the torque tubes ? Any idea ?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
From what i understand the swept pipes were about the worst performance pipes to run.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 2009 Kingpin with 4100 miles. I purchased the bike last summer. The only mod was Victory Swept pipes. I contacted Lloydz in order to get rid of the popping while decelerating. It was recommended I get a fuel modulator, IAV and advanced timing wheel. While making the upgrade I decided torque tubes would be nice in order to get a few more horses. I also went with the PCV thinking I may one day replace the cams.
After the install and dyno the results are disappointing. I honestly don’t feel any difference in performance. I still have the popping. The dyno results came up with 83 hp and 103 lbs./torque. The mechanic was Kyle Crandall of KMC Motorsports. Great mechanic/person! He tried real hard to squeeze out more but concluded the pipes are holding me back. So I’ll start saving some money for next year and do my homework researching pipes.
I have the 2 into 1 for sale in the wanted section, couple people had good ideas about fixing them.. If interrested in them let me know.. could beadblast them then get powder coated..just putting it out there since your looking for pipes cheaper way out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what the initial numbers were, however original Victory specs claim the Kingpin has 85 hp/ 106 lbs. torque.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I saw this install going on at Chesapeake. I was wondering how it would turn out. My XR with the stage 1 made those numbers at the rear wheel. Definitely pipes should help. I want to throw my Judge on the dyno just to get a number.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I believe those HP #'s are At the crank and the numbers he posted
Are at the rear wheel.
They sure are. The are also for a stock bike WITHOUT the additional swept pipes. Those pipes are killers for power, almost anything out there would be better. While they look and sound nice they perform like crap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw this install going on at Chesapeake. I was wondering how it would turn out. My XR with the stage 1 made those numbers at the rear wheel. Definitely pipes should help. I want to throw my Judge on the dyno just to get a number.
It was tough to follow the Vision having the cams installed. I think he got 118 hp. after the dyno. I'm not much of a mechanic, so this is all overwhelming for me. I would spend the extra money for performance pipes if it would make a significant difference in both performance and reducing the backfiring. For now I'm going to soak up the comments and suggestions and make a decision by end of summer.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
It was tough to follow the Vision having the cams installed. I think he got 118 hp. after the dyno. I'm not much of a mechanic, so this is all overwhelming for me. I would spend the extra money for performance pipes if it would make a significant difference in both performance and reducing the backfiring. For now I'm going to soak up the comments and suggestions and make a decision by end of summer.
Pipes make all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Dunno about tour bikes but I'm reading intake is where the power is at. A solid intake plus tune and exhaust makes a big difference even before cams on a stock Vic. Even more so than exhaust. Just on what I've read, so grain of salt with that.

Have not read anything anywhere where Vic branded exhaust help significantly at all, especially compared to RPW or Bassani 2 into 1 numbers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
554 Posts
Dunno about tour bikes but I'm reading intake is where the power is at. A solid intake plus tune and exhaust makes a big difference even before cams on a stock Vic. Even more so than exhaust. Just on what I've read, so grain of salt with that.

Have not read anything anywhere where Vic branded exhaust help significantly at all, especially compared to RPW or Bassani 2 into 1 numbers.

Can't move air out, doesn't matter that more is coming in. He's already got the best intake on there, so now let it all out.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Can't move air out, doesn't matter that more is coming in. He's already got the best intake on there, so now let it all out.
Thanks I missed that with his intake. Sounds like a politician bike then.. Makes more hot air than it can get rid of. Thor to the rescue then IMO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I'm liking the RPW Big Slash as well as the Thor. I'm not sure if they perform any different.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm going to guess they're extremely similar in performance and probably sound. While refraining from succumbing to great deals for your swept pipes I see popping up for sale (which is tempting), my personal choice will be Thor just for aesthetics for my high-ball. Dang sexy in black IMO. Big slash is hot too. I just have to save up the coin. Funny how in the Harley days the most premium exhaust systems were at most $600 for Rinehart's. New times and new bike I suppose. .. From multiple obsessive thread reads in several Vic forums there's a common theme about their 2-1's that they perform.

Also.. Check out conquest customs 2 into 1 they've been trying to get to market. We need to nudge those guys along with that. Gorgeous high-mounted design called the "Assault". They won't be cheap by any means though. Let's talk em into a group-buy beta test group. :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm going to guess they're extremely similar in performance and probably sound. While refraining from succumbing to great deals for your swept pipes I see popping up for sale (which is tempting), my personal choice will be Thor just for aesthetics for my high-ball. Dang sexy in black IMO. Big slash is hot too. I just have to save up the coin. Funny how in the Harley days the most premium exhaust systems were at most $600 for Rinehart's. New times and new bike I suppose. .. From multiple obsessive thread reads in several Vic forums there's a common theme about their 2-1's that they perform.

Also.. Check out conquest customs 2 into 1 they've been trying to get to market. We need to nudge those guys along with that. Gorgeous high-mounted design called the "Assault". They won't be cheap by any means though. Let's talk em into a group-buy beta test group. :)

How about just Beta Test!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts