Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this is isolated. Only have one other dealer within 100 miles of me. I'm still a year out from buying but I do have my mind pretty much made up on a Cross Country Tour. If I'm not going to have local support I may have to reevaluate. Strange that this dealer is a huge Polaris dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Most here will tell you that you really don't need a dealer. My bike has only been to the dealer for a tire change....you can pretty much do everything on these bikes yourself.

Btw...my closest dealer is 60 miles away.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about warranty work? I'm big on extended warranties on motor vehicles.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Tcounty-Where are you located ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a dealer in West Memphis Ar, the next closest is in Murfreesboro I believe

·
Registered
257 Posts
There's a dealer in West Memphis Ar, the next closest is in Murfreesboro I believe

The website says Jonesburo AR has a dealer. If you are north of Memphis 30 miles it should be fairly close. I really wouln't worry to much about a close dealer. I live 60 miles from my dealer and seldom take the bike in for work.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I bought my bike used from a Victory dealer in Hot Springs, Arkansas and then drove through Memphis on my way home to central Florida. Not sure if Hot Springs is very close to you.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
The VICTORY name is a warranty in itself.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Warranty used.

Used my warranty one time. O-ring on sender by the front belt drive sprocket. Should have done it myself. They ended up doing the repair twice, first time it was repaired it leaked worse than when I took it in, ha, ha. Other small things I could have taken it back for but at the time it was a 50 mile trip to the dealer and I just repaired it myself, example a bad battery. I would not buy the warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I'm a bit curious about the 'local' dealer that dropped Victory. Were they mostly clueless and didn't really know the brand all that well? Maybe sold one when someone asked for one. If so, good riddance to them! I like it when bad dealers lose the brand.

If they were a good dealer who really knew their Victory stuff, had inventory of the common items, knew how to work on Victories and treated you well. Then that would be a bit sad. It would also be extremely unusual. My guess is that you may be better off without the 'local' clueless dealer.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I second what Marks said. They were probably not that good of a dealer to begin with. My first oil change at the dealer (who had selling Vics since they came out) put 2 qts too much oil in at the 500 miles service so I got a leg covered in hot oil going down the interstate on the way home. Only other time I have been to a dealer was my shock went out 6 months after I bought it. These things are like Jap bikes except easier to work on IMO, they last forever and seldom have problems. Ext warranties are a waste of money on any kind of purchase.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
There is another dealer, Wilmington Power Sports in Delaware that is staying in business but dropping the Victory line. They are selling a bunch of parts and apparel here on the Victory Forums. I know nothing about their quality as a Victory dealer.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
790 Posts
Here in Tampa the local Vic shop dropped it affiliation too. Small Mom and Pop shop, never really got on board. It was immediately picked up by the large Honda/Kawasaki/CanAm/ATV dealer. So..... Glad!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My closest dealer is 600km's away.. i'm sure you'll be right mate!
35000 km's and no issues.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts