Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Victory Crossroads Classic with the lock and ride windshield. I get dirty or disturbed air at highway speeds. I have installed lower fork wind deflectors and that has helped substantially but I am still getting some buffeting. I had a Touring Cruiser before this and it was always dead calm behind the windshield at all speeds. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Has anyone experimented with the angle for the lower deflectors to get optimum performance? Mine are currently at the same angle as the lower legs of the windshield about 3/4 inch back.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
202 Posts
Tim I tend to think that the buffeting is part and parcel of that style of windshield.

My Road King has a similar windshield to the Cross Roads Classic and it certainly makes for a lot of buffeting. They're just too big and flat and push a massive amount of air.

The beauty of a fairing and screen combo like an XCT is the way they cut through the air and kind of push it around you.

Does the Cross Roads Classic screen have any sort of vent in it?

Russ.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No vent in the screen on the XR Classic. I would tend to agree with you with regard to that style of windshield, but my Touring Cruiser was so equipped and it was almost serene behind it.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I would absolutely adjust the air deflector angle and height if that possible to find the sweet spot. Is there any adjustment at all with the windscreen or does it only mount at one particular angle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts