Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the groups desired locking device for locking up their Bike ? I have a 2011 Jackpot. I am looking a the Xena Locks. I read they go off quite a bit from wind or vibrations. Tell me folks - what is the best lock and I'll get it.

thanks

Later

·
Premium Member
12,984 Posts
Any rotor lock will do. I always use that curly wire thing to go from the lock on the front rotor to my handlebar so I don't forget it's on there. Where I live I never have to use it so it only gets used when I go into the city.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Personally insurance is my lock. All the bad things a rotor lock can do and it's all at your expense. Story after story of forgetting. You can Los hide the ignition on a JP

·
12,970 Posts
if you do a rotor lock

Tie a bandanna to the the grip to remind you its locked.
Falling over while at curb is not fun

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use the Digital Guard Dawg on mine so there is no key and the DGD totally shutdowns the electrical system. Other than that, I rely on the insurance company.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Zena

I got a Zena lock. It works pretty good for a lock. It cost me tooooo much money,bought it at the dealer. It does irritate the neighbors and my wife. The wind or vibration does seem to set it off to often. I also got another lock that actually bolts in place of the left front caliper.This moves the brake caliper down a bit and you have to run a longer brake line. It has a spring loaded pin that you put into the lock,I like it better than the Zena. No noise with the second lock,much much more money,but these bikes aren't cheap are they. Oh yes and you need to remind yourself one way or another that you locked the front wheel. I wish Victory would install a fork lock on the X-bikes. I know that a thief can break them easy, but it is somewhat of a detour-ant.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Personally insurance is my lock.
Insurance is great when you're only a bus ride across town from home. May not be so great if you're on the other side of the country waking up at the Hooterville Motel 6.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I actually use one of those big U-shaped Bike Club doodads when my paranoia gets the best of me. Admittedly that's not often. I've never used it on a single trip in ID, and only in AZ when the bike sat parked for 2-3 days back when I was here in February and I had a catheter sticking outta my jugular vein. I guess I also used it while I was transporting the bike in the trailer.

It's easy to remember it's on there, since it's sort of a PITA to get situated. But I will say, if you forgot it was there it'd probably do a fine job of tearing up the rotor, the wheel, the fender, the brake caliper, the fork...

okay, so maybe not the best solution. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts